Descripción de la oferta
- Sin Experiencia
- Sin estudios
- Salario a negociar
- Buenos Aires
Ciena may well be the most important technology company you’ve never heard of. The innovations that wow us (driverless cars), and those we now take for granted (the ability to mobile-stream your favorite show) are the products of ingenuity from some brilliant and forward-thinking companies. But those companies rely on Ciena, another vanguard of innovation, to create and advance the underlying networks that bring their breakthroughs to our doorsteps. VR, AI, IOT, 5G … literally none of it would be possible without the mind-boggling technology that makes the internet itself work. For more than 25 years, Ciena has been the global leader in networking strategy, and our technology has been part of the critical infrastructure running within the most advanced companies in the world.
What will you do at Ciena?
TheAccounts Receivable Specialistwill be responsible for a wide range of duties, includingcollections, billing, customer relationship & process improvement areas. TheAccounts Receivable Specialistwill work across functions including Sales, commercial and accounting to ensure proper recording, processing and timely collection of AR.
Analyze problems and issues that arise. Monitor to ensure that monthly reports are completed on a timely basis. Coordinate and work closely with AR team in Mexico, US and India.
The A/R Specialist will assume wide range of responsibilities which may also include conference calls with Account team, customers to understand the root cause of issues and help facilitate closure to outstanding collection inquiries that pertain to billing. This candidate will also be responsible to ensure customers are billed according the latest contracts and/or amendments/schedules for their accounts as well as their team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities of theAccounts Receivable Specialistincludes the below for Argentina and other CALA regions:
- Maintain close relationship with customers in the region, sharing updated aging status with them and addressing their concerns to ensure timely cash collection
- Monitor and report collection status to management and Billing team
- Ensurebilling and invoicing are completed timely anddeadlines are met
- ReviewA/R and billing forcompliance with finance team policies as well as adherence to SOX controls
- Responsible for the review and comprehension of customer contracts and/or purchase orders as it relates to billing structure/payment terns/invoice delivery in collaboration with billing team
- Assist with month-end close and coordinate of team deliverables
- Perform other relevant duties as requested by management/internal/external audit
- Perform account reconciliation research & resolution
- Actively participates in continuous operational improvements. Specific activities include, but are not limited to, offering feedback to manager related to new customer projects requiring IT involvement, proactively addressing issues, collaborating with IT team to improve efficiency, working closely with OM and tax team to help facilitate closure to billing issues that may arise.
- Review the work of A/R Billing Specialists to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Demonstrate sound decision making and problem-solving abilities
- Create documentation for any new A/R functions
- Support information technology initiative that link directly with our overall strategic business objectives as an organization.
Education, Certification and Training, Job Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities
- 5+years ofAccounts Receivable experience
- Driven to detailed experience and high-quality error free work, relentless pursuit of excellence
- Self-motivated to resolve problems and challenges
- Accepts supervision and displays excellent team player attitude
- Adapts well to change
- Positive, upbeat attitude
- Highly organized and able to build efficiency into processes
- Ability to supervise others
- Accounts Receivable experience required
- Knowledge of audit processes preferred
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- AA in Accounting or equivalent experienceAbilities and Skills:
Comprehensive knowledge of:
- A/R analysis and reporting
- Invoice creation and management
- Experience with Oracle a plus
Proven skills in:
- Communication, both verbal and written (fluent in English preferred)
- Planning and organizing
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving
Demonstrated ability to:
- Be self-directed, have excellent initiative and organizational skills
- Work in an environment that is fast paced and demanding
- Handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy
Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Making a difference in people's lives through design and implementation of leading network technologies. That's what motivates us.
A distinct way to work
Free thinking, free discussion, and collaboration are the norm. Expect more satisfying outcomes - both personal and professional.
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender or age.
Ciena is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific needs / accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to any specific needs / accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
What you can expect from us
- You will receive notification of your successful application
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Talent Acquisition for an initial discussion
- If suitable you will be considered for the short list and our formal interview process
Sobre la empresa
Ciena is a networking systems, services, and software company. We're driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation—enabling our clients to adapt within ever-changing environments to deliver richer, more connected experiences for their business and users.