Descripción de la oferta
- Sin Experiencia
- Sin estudios
- Salario a negociar
- LOS PELAMBRES CL
Requisition ID: 220624
Responsible for integration of environmental issues and requirements into proposals, planning documents, permit applications, design specifications and criteria, construction plans and schedules, bid specifications, and subcontract packages for Bechtel projects. Has technical responsibility for interpreting complex requirements, evaluating and applying appropriate scientific/environmental engineering principles, and formulating scopes of work, plans, and methodologies suitable for achieving and maintaining compliance with environmental requirements. Provides technical assistance to other Environmental Services (ES) personnel assigned to projects and other project functions. May be assigned as a technical lead for a specific task(s), or serve as a Project Environmental Lead on several projects or as a Project Environmental Services Supervisor on a small to medium project.
A. Supervision Received
- Receives technical and administrative supervision from the Manager of Environmental Services, Environmental Services Manager, Principal Environmental Scientist/Engineer, or supervisory-level Senior Environmental Scientist/Engineer. If assigned full-time on a project, receives supervision and work assignments from the Project Environmental Services Supervisor, Project ES&H Manager, Project Manager, or Construction Manager.
B. Supervision Exercised
- May directly supervise other environmental scientists/engineers and provide technical oversight and direction to environmental subcontractors.
- Maintains relationships with internal Bechtel organizations (e.g., Engineering, Construction, and Subcontracts), customer, and contractor/subcontractor representatives to coordinate technical/scientific issues, new technologies, and integration of ES functional responsibilities into project proposals, design specifications, construction plans and schedules, and subcontractor bid packages.
- Maintains contact, as appropriate, with government regulatory and resource agencies to obtain current information on new regulations, program initiatives, and technical requirements and standards.
- Maintains contact with other ES personnel (e.g., Project Environmental Lead) to keep them informed of changing requirements and to provide technical assistance as needed.
- Maintains contact with customers to exchange information on ES issues, technical information, and new technologies.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Works with global business units on bid decisions, proposal development, and estimates (scope, constraints, schedules, budgets) with respect to integration and compliance with environmental requirements.
- Provides technical support to feasibility studies, site assessment studies, and project risk assessments.
- When assigned as Project Environmental Lead (PEL), responsible for coordinating appropriate consideration of environmental requirements with (Sub)Contracts, Engineering, and Construction personnel.
- Provides environmental technical support and assistance to Bechtel projects and coordinates environmental requirements and formulation of mitigation measures with project-assigned ES personnel, engineering leads, construction supervision/management and onsite ES&H representatives during construction.
- Participates in meetings with customers, project team members, and contractors/subcontractors to advise them of environmental requirements that may affect project design, schedule, and cost.
- Responsible for drafting Environmental Compliance Plans, Construction Environmental Control Plans (CECP), project specific mitigation plans, environmental awareness training programs, and technical reports.
- Provides recommendations and input for revising ES procedures, work processes, and other quality improvement measures.
- Conducts environmental compliance inspections of project construction activities to monitor compliance with environmental requirements including contractual commitments, permits, and the project’s CECP.
- May be assigned as a full-time PEL on a medium to large project, or as PEL on multiple smaller projects, or as a Project Environmental Services Supervisor on a single small project.
- When in supervisory role, implements personnel policies (e.g., conducts employee performance evaluations) and provides technical direction to staff.
- Advanced knowledge in a field of science, environmental engineering, or related discipline.
- Knowledge of environmental sciences/engineering systems, principles, and methodologies.
- Knowledge of national and international environmental laws/regulations and regulatory/resource agencies’ permitting processes and responsibilities, industry standards for environmental compliance, and best management practices for minimizing potential environmental impacts during project execution.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction systems, methods, and work processes.
- Knowledge of construction planning, estimating, procedures, and execution.
- Experience in managing and/or providing technical oversight of environmental subcontractors or consultants.
- Experience in environmental monitoring and compliance inspection during construction.
- Knowledge of hazardous materials and waste management, erosion and sediment control methods, and restoration techniques.
- Knowledge of Bechtel’s organization structure, functions, and administrative procedures.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of Bechtel standard computer applications.
- Bachelor of Science degree in life sciences (e.g., biology, ecology, forestry) or physical sciences (e.g., geology, meteorology), or environmental engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Prior practical work experience in office settings (e.g., managing environmental programs, budgets and staff) and field environments (e.g., construction execution and/or operating facilities) performing the responsibilities listed above.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- ms project
- project manager
- safety and security
Sobre la empresa
Is the largest construction and civil engineering company in the United States, ranking as the 4th-largest privately owned company in the United States.