- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Market Development Specialist
4 days ago(2/4/2020 9:44 AM)
Field Marketing, Inside Sales
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Work with our customers as they define their cloud and application development strategies to support a wide range of business initiatives. The Red Hat Inside Sales team is looking for a Market Development Specialist to join us in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. In this role, you will help our existing and prospective customers advance their digital transformation goals and be successful in early-stage projects with Red Hat’s technologies. You’ll speak with technical and business contacts with an interest in new technology and initiatives. As a Market Development Specialist, you will work closely with Strategic Business Development and Marketing teams and perform inbound, outbound, and nurturing activities within a set of campaigns and strategic accounts.
Primary job responsibilities
- Receive and qualify inbound leads related to your technology area
- Collaborate with the Asia Pacific (APAC) Marketing and Strategic Business Development teams to run targeted outbound campaigns
- Nurture prospective customers with relevant, value-added contact that helps them progress their initiatives and achieve their goals
- Learn extensively about your technology area both by participating regularly in coaching sessions with the Strategic Business Development team and through your own initiative
- Keep up to date on the industry and Red Hat's competitive position within it
- Plan your daily and weekly activities to achieve predefined quarterly qualified pipeline generation and bookings targets
- Maintain accurate and updated activity, lead, and pipeline records
- Be able to provide regular and ad hoc activity and forecast reports to senior management
- 3-5 years of previous customer-facing or remote-selling experience; successful record in performing outbound sales development activities is a plus
- Bachelor's degree or a technical degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to hold engaging conversations with prospective customers and share Red Hat's cloud vision in a compelling manner
- Ability to demonstrate value and move conversations with prospective customers forward; ability to deal with technology requirements that might be non-standard or ambiguous
- Demonstrated knowledge of a buying cycle within an IT organization, preferably around new, emerging technology initiatives and the business drivers that they support
- Passion for sales and marketing
- Good understanding of current technology trends and market conditions
- Motivated to learn and advance in an innovative software organization
- Flexible with the ability to excel in a newly established team
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
About the company
Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source solutions, using a community-powered approach to provide reliable and high-performing cloud, virtualization, storage, Linux, and middleware technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. And as the connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and open source communities, Red Hat enables the creation of relevant, innovative technologies that liberate resources for growth and prepare customers for the future of IT. Red Hat is an S&P company with more than 70 offices spanning the globe, empowering our customers' businesses and mission critical IT demands.