- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
SM - Sales & Marketing
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
American General Life Insurance Company
Internal Sales Consultant- Life Insurance
As a contributor at AIG you are the one the clients turn to in times of need. You act with speed, composure, compassion and knowledge to solve problems and the work you do every day is the heart of AIG’s business.
The Internal Sales Consultant will be responsible for enhancing Advisor Insurance Solution Center’s competitive position and to increase sales production through effective communication of product knowledge, illustration support, and resolution of agent problems. This position will provide field support by serving as a direct liaison with the Home Office.
- As an Inside Sales/Marketing Associate, you will use your excellent communication and sales skills to provide detailed product information and respond to inquiries.
- Receiving inbound and/or outbound calls you will focus on client relationship development, sales and quality retention.
- Demonstrate a competitive drive and desire to succeed established goals, key metrics, standard of performance and compliance.
- Develop rapport quickly with clients, internal departments and external sales contacts to achieve sales goals.
- Ability to frame the conversation strategically and overcome objections (negotiating and persuading, ability to listen and explain ideas).
- Demonstrate a competitive nature and ability to take action with limited supervision
- Respond to marketing support calls from Insurance Sales agents
- Serves as a product, marketing, sales and illustration resource to the Regional VP's and Internal Wholesalers.
- Assist agents with product selection/marketing related questions
- Assist agents with illustration design and software related issues
- Develop leads from reactive inbound calls and refer leads to Internal Wholesalers.
- Support Regional VP's and Internal Wholesalers as needed
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Strong sales skills.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Ability to learn new skills in a short amount of time.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and multitask throughout the day.
- Banking and/or financial services experience preferred, but not required.
- Prior call or sales experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
At AIG, we reward and support superior performance. We offer paid training, generous benefits plan, a base salary, plus a lucrative bonus package that rewards your hard work and dedication.
- Benefits Plan: medical, dental & vision coverage
- Flexible spending accounts & insurance coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
About the company
American multinational insurance corporation with more than 88 million customers in 130 countries. AIG companies employ over 64,000 people in 90 countries. The company operates through three businesses: AIG Property Casualty, AIG Life and Retirement and United Guaranty Corporation (UGC). AIG Property Casualty provides insurance products for commercial, institutional and individual customers.