- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- GERALDTON AU
We value a diverse workforce with different life experiences, skills and backgrounds including people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ and people from all cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
Avivo is passionate about supporting people to live as valued citizens. We work in partnership with people to develop innovative and flexible supports that assist them to lead their lives as they choose.
The Coral Coast team are looking for Aboriginal Support Workers, preferably male ( as requested by the customer) to support customers based in Geraldton. Our programs are focused on identifying and building on the strengths of our customers to enhance their recovery and meet their individual needs.
- Must be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
- Previous experience in the Mental Health sector and supporting people in recovery is desirable
- Display strong communication skills with an ability to take initiative
- Ability to build good relationships and maintain professional boundaries
- Work effectively around chaos and find simple, creative solutions
- Ability to facilitate people to develop and sustain their own social connections and relationships
- Commitment to helping people to develop skills to self-manage their lifestyle and well being
- Good understanding of strength based practice and how to apply it
- Flexible to provide supports during the week and on weekends
- Daily access to a reliable vehicle and possess a valid driver's licence (essential).In return, successful candidates will receive a hourly rate of $27.75 per hour plus 9.5% superannuation, be paid travel time and kilometres and comprehensive training opportunities!
People with a lived experience of recovery are encouraged to apply.
To apply, you will need to complete an online application and upload your resume and cover letter as ONE document.
- Making an appointment to this position is subject to a satisfactory National Police Clearance.
- Being male and Aboriginal or TSI is genuine occupational requirements for this position as authorised under section 27 of the WA Equal Opportunity Act 1984