- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Account Manager, Media-50176
Client Services and Sales-AustraliaMelbourne, Victoria
Nielsen Australia is looking for an Account Manager or Senior Account Manager to drive key relationships across our media client portfolio.
Nielsen is offering the successful candidate the opportunity to work at the cutting edge of digital and TV media, based on our world class consumer and media audience data.
This role will give you direct access to leaders throughout the media industry; Nielsen prides itself on giving people the opportunity to demonstrate their capabilities regardless of age or seniority. The successful candidate will benefit from the mentorship of some of the most influential people in media, as well as being provided every opportunity to bring their ideas to the table and coached on how to implement these initiatives.
Work in a dynamic, fun and diverse team with unparalleled work/life balance, immersed into the heart of the media industry. Become the go to person for these key clients and raise your own profile within the industry.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years media industry experience, with a demonstration of successful account management being essential. Experience working with Nielsen audience measurement and planning solutions, marketing technology and/or digital media sales will be an advantage.
Most importantly, they must possess a strong inner drive to solve client issues, enjoy working with some of the finest minds in the industry, and truly be a part of something unique that will have a lasting impact on both the media industry as well as their own career.
Nielsen is part of the infrastructure that the media industry is built upon on a global scale, our services support media planners/buyers, strategists as well as advertisers and their individual brands. We also provide publishers and broadcasters with vital audience insights that drive their revenue and support their business goals.
Nielsen’s Media Industry Group is looking for a driven individual who prides themselves on their ability to get things done with a passion to proactively identify solutions.
What skills do you need to be successful in this role?
- 3+ years experience in media
- Highly organised, proactive and dynamic
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- A working understanding of all Nielsen products and solutions with a clear focus on Media
- Analysis and interpretation of data to provide insightful responses to client queries.
- Support the business relationship between Nielsen and a group of nominated clients, roughly 70% of whom are advertising agencies/publishers and 30% are brands
- Develop relationships with key decision makers within the client group
- Assisting in the formulation and execution of account plans
- Support the proactive resolution of client issues by engaging and working across other Nielsen support groups as needed
- Identify revenue growth opportunities and support business development effort
- Managing the contract negotiation process with clients to ensure profitable outcomes
- Builds insightful client presentations that reflect the clients needs
- Ability and experience to service and add value to clients directly through onsite presence
- Supporting clients when using Nielsen products and solutions through training and troubleshooting
- Build and maintain strong long-term relationships with other client representatives and other internal stakeholders to ensure quality and timeframe service levels are met and wherever possible exceeded
- Manages good working relationships with internal product and practice specialist areas
Life at Nielsen
At Nielsen, we’re proud of our diversity - our Australian and New Zealand offices alone are made up of over 50 cultures and nationalities!
We strongly believe in promoting from within. We encourage all of our people to pave their own career path and explore ways to grow with us.
We’re steadfastly inclusive. Nielsen is an environment that encourages all associates to be themselves, weave their talents and passions into their work, put their hand up and have their voice heard.
We operate on principles of trust and accountability. We sway against micromanagement, enabling our associates engage, include and decide in order to move swiftly and boldly, while keeping our clients at the heart of everything we do.
But wait, there’s more!
We believe in a good work/life balance and offer an extensive range of flexible working options for all associates. We also offer several leave options such as Parental Leave, Volunteer Leave, Birthday Leave, yearly bonus leave initiatives and much more. We also provide a range of programs and activities for associates to join year-round that encourage good health, wellbeing, networking and community engagement!
All of our Nielsen employees get access to corporate discounts with companies such as Bupa, Sunsuper, and HSBC, and, we also offer a generous yearly study allowance for those wishing to further their education in a field related to their role or our company.
If you feel like this is the right fit, click apply and tell us all about you!
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Melbourne,Victoria