- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Trade / Operations
1402808 GE.C6.GEA_Lvl_3_Field_Service_Rep_Defense.pdf (PDF, 157KB)
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation's most important programs for the Australian Defence Force.
Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
We currently employ more than 2,500 people across 14 sites in Australia and three international locations and have a range of opportunities available as we plan for future growth.
We are seeking an Antenna Maintenance Mechanic to join our team in Darwin. You will provide mechanical support to a substantial antenna farm comprising a variety of tracking and non-tracking satellite communication antennas to ensure maximum operational availability and performance.
- Performing preventative maintenance
- Identifying, diagnosing and resolving maintenance and operational issues
- Monitoring the condition and operational performance of antennas, collecting technical data and evaluating maintenance procedures
- Make safety a priority in your work and decision making
- Hold a technical or trade qualification in a mechanical field with demonstrated relevant experience in a comparable environment (eg. Heavy/industrial equipment)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative, prioritise and work within defined timeframes
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements. You will be required to successfully undergo an Australian Government positive vetting (PV) security clearance. You MUST be willing to disclose all required information and MUST have the ability to verify your background for whole of life (i.e. birth to present time). More information on the PV security clearance process is available on the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) website.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
How to apply
View the full Position Description and apply now.
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.