- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Associate Director, Sales Representative (Government sector)Job Description This role is responsible for working with other sales colleagues and other internal stakeholders to drive the sales process for a set of complex products or services. Key activities include identifying and qualifying prospects, initiating new sales activity and managing sales cycles to closure. Additionally, the role requires the assessment of client needs and providing clients with specific strategic guidance and product overviews.
This role is responsible for driving sales growth across the Government sector within Oceania; providing the opportunity to work closely with other Government Sector sales executives, Global / Regional Sector Leads and a client support and delivery team to help develop and close new sales opportunities, in both green field and existing clients.
- Work with the APAC Head of Government and Public Sector to design, shape and effectively execute the strategy for the Government Sector, including tailoring the global Public Sector strategy and translating it for local application through deep understanding of the Federal and State level Public Sector landscape.
- Build and execute on sales strategies to meet or exceed annual sales goals and targets that align with the company's vision and objectives.
- Work with sales colleagues and other internal stakeholders to drive the sales process from beginning to end by identifying and qualifying prospects, initiating new sales activity and managing sales cycles to closure.
- Lead the development of business within assigned territories. Partner with Solution Specialists to develop clear, concise proposals and deliver targeted client demos that address client needs.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Product Strategy to promote improvement in product quality and the development of new sources of revenue.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients by identifying gaps and recommending solutions leveraging market and technical knowledge.
- Provide insightful and client-specific customer service and product overviews.
- Assess the needs of the client by gaining an understanding of the specific issues facing the client based on their business requirements.
- Identify additional products and services that clients may benefit from and introduce them appropriately into dialogue with clients.
- Act as the market expert and provide product/service use cases during the sales cycle.
- Serve as the main liaison between the client service team, the client and the implementation services organization on each services opportunity.
- Coordinate Bureau van Dijk responses to requests for product and services information from prospects and clients.
- Represent company at industry and company sponsored events, as required.
- Serve as functional and market expert to resolve client issues through the use of interpersonal skills. Assist in the preparation and circulation of market insight to create awareness of Bureau van Dijk's expertise internally and externally.
- Provide current forecasts and pipeline information to management.
- Position requires travel (approximately 20% to 40% of your time).
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) required, with coursework in business, economics, finance, marketing or related fields.
- 7+ years' experience in a relevant B2B sales role, with proven track record of achieving target
- Combination of public sector sales experience, as well as software-as-a-service solutions. Experience selling into Government and Public sector markets is highly desirable.
- Ability to present high-level information as well as detailed demonstrations of products & services.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex sales cycles to successful conclusion through use of consultative selling techniques.
- A strong business acumen and results driven with a drive to succeed
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to interact with senior executives both internally and externally.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
- customer service