- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Opening in March 2020 and located on the corner of Sussex and Bathurst Streets, the newly built Crowne Plaza Sydney Darling Harbour is 152 modern guest rooms and suites vertically suspended in a prime position. Just a 5-minute stroll to the CBD’s commercial and transport hub, the lively Darling Harbour precinct and the International Convention Centre. Access is easy and fast from Town Hall Train Station — only a short 3-minute walk from the hotel.
Guests will unwind in design-led, modern and spacious rooms with the latest technology at their fingertips. With 3 restaurants and bars throughout the hotel, breakfast, lunch, after-work drinks and dinner are all taken care of. Our sleek contemporary spaces are perfect for meetings, private dinners, cocktail receptions or special events, allowing guests to transition effortlessly from 9-to-5, to 5-to-9. And then there’s the spectacular views from our roof-top where guests can make a splash in our Instagram-worthy floating infinity pool.
Your day to day
At the start of the day or the end of one, everyone loves a good cup of coffee. As our Barista, you’ll be a true coffee lover with exceptional barista skills that is motivated, passionate, energetic and loves a fast-paced environment. You’ll be full of energy as you greet guests from around the world, whilst also remembering a regular face or two. Not only will you take ownership of our coffee machine, but you’ll also at times support the team in the daily food and beverage operations.
It is anticipated this role will begin in mid January 2020.
What we need from you
- Experienced barista, ideally in specialty coffee with strong espresso preparation skills
- Interest in learning alternative brew methods
- Strong and organised workflow skills
- Amazing customer service and personality
- Excellent communication skills, bilingual or multilingual language skills are advantageous
- Fitness – you’ll be on your feet most of the day with bending and kneeling. Sometimes you’ll need to lift, push and pull objects like barrels and crates up to 50lbs (23 kg) – we have the equipment to support you
- Valid NSW RSA Competency card is required
- A team player, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and priortise workloads
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discounts and superb training. Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve -to find out more about us.
- customer service