- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- State of Victoria
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed.With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands atwww.marriott.com/marriott-brands.miFind Your World.™
Sheraton Melbourne Hotel is located on Little Collins Street between Spring Street and Exhibition Street, also referred to as the "Paris End" owing to its Art Nouveau architecture, leafy surrounds and proximity to the city's most chic dining and shopping experiences. The hotel is located within the 31 storey "wavilinear" building which features 174 deluxe guest rooms and luxury suites. Hotel facilities include an indoor heated swimming pool, fitness center, a spa with 5 dedicated treatment rooms, one all day dining restaurant, lobby lounge bar anda rooftop terrace bar. The hotel also features 669 square meters of meetings and banquet space over 6 flexible rooms.
* We appreciate the time you have taken to apply and the effort that goes into an application. Only those successful in gaining an interview will be contacted directly. Only candidates with unrestricted working rights in Australia will be considered for this role.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
TheConcierge department is responsible for the smooth coordination and supervisionof the guest arrival and departure experience, and acts as welcome and farewellrepresentatives of the Hotel.
- Welcome and farewell all guests entering andleaving the hotel with a sincere demeanor.
- Deliver, collect and store guest luggagewhile maintaining compliance with hotel safety and security standards
- Organise transport for guests and assist withdirections and general hotel information
- Parkand retrieve guest cars in a safeand timely manner
- Undertake room status checks
- Escort guests to room explaining andupselling hotel facilities en route
- Coordinate and be aware of general arrivaland departure patterns for the current day, in particular VIP guests and groupmovements
- Assist other hotel departments as required.Additional duties could include in-room dining service delivery, assisting theFood and Beverage outlets in clearing tables and ad-hoc customer servicerequests
Armed with smart solutions anda can-do attitude, the ideal candidates will be energetic, friendly, organizedand enjoy working in a team environment. Passionate about providingpersonalised service to our guests, you will have excellent interpersonal andcommunication skills. As the face of the hotel, you will have a high standardof personal presentation. A strong customer service background is essential anda sound knowledge of the Melbourne CBD is preferred. All candidates must beavailable to work a rotating roster including holidays and weekends. Candidatesmust hold a valid (manual) drivers license and current Victorian ResponsibleService of Alcohol certificate.
Thisis an excellent opportunity to make your mark in a vibrant and growing company.In return for your commitment and passion to succeed, you will have theopportunity to work with a highly motivated team and receive excellent benefitsincluding:
- Generous accommodation and Food and Beveragediscounts for Associates, family and friends across allMarriott Internationalpropertiesworldwide
- Spa treatment discounts at our luxurious TheSpa at Sheraton Melbourne
- Associate recognition programs
- Discount CBD parking
- World class training programs
- Strategic career development opportunities
Workingfor Sheraton is so much more than just a job – it’s a lifestyle. Come and joinus!
* We appreciate the time youhave taken to apply and the effort that goes into an application. Only thosesuccessful in gaining an interview will be contacted directly. Only candidateswith unrestricted working rights in Australia will be considered for this role.
- customer service
- safety and security