- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, including an integrated system of seven inland mines, more than 1,000 kilometers of rail and two separate port facilities, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
BHP WA Iron Ore (WAIO) is a safe, reliable, globally competitive business delivered by our people. We truly care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love. We believe Leadership drives culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play.
Come and be a part of the success!
About the role
For commencement in July/August 2019, we are seeking diverse and talented applications for a number of 1 year fixed-term traineeship opportunities across our Port departments, based residentially in Port Hedland. Pending successful completion of the traineeship, full time employment opportunities may be available. All positions are day & night shift, working 12-hour shifts.
This is an outstanding opportunity for candidates to develop a dynamic and fulfilling career within the mining industry at the world’s largest Iron Ore Port. The program is designed to develop cultured, engaged, highly skilled and work ready trainees to the business, via structured practical and theoretical training competencies.
In 2019, we will be offering the following Port Hedland Residential Traineeships:
- Port Production (Certificate II in Resource Processing)
- Port Maintenance (Certificate II in Engineering)
- Port Infrastructure (Certificate II in Horticulture)
What can BHP Iron Ore offer you?
- A one year intensive Traineeship with the industry leader;
- Nationally accredited Certificate II in Resource Processing, Engineering OR Horticulture;
- Specialised training;
- Competitive remuneration package;
- Long term employment opportunities;
- Mentoring and guidance; and
- Full uniforms and PPE.
Applicants wishing to apply for the BHP Port Production Traineeship Program must meet the following criteria;
- Hold a high commitment to safety systems and procedures
- Essential to hold a current drivers licence
- All residential applications must be residents of that region. No relocation opportunities available
Industry experience is not required, but it is essential that you are passionate to work in the mining industry and willing to learn
- Enthusiasm to learn and motivation to succeed
- Honest and reliable
- A current and valid driver’s license.
- Current residence in Port Hedland. No relocation opportunities available.
- Sound communication skills;
About the company
BHP Billiton is the world's largest mining company. Its origin comes from the merger (2001) of the Australian company Broken Hill Proprietary (BHP) and the British company Billiton.