- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- RAAF BASE AMBERLEY, , AUSTRALIA
RAAF Base Amberley
Trade / Operations
1387344 DA.CJ.D78_Lvl_3_Lean_Practitioner.pdf (PDF, 144KB)
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation's most important programs for the Australian Defence Force. Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence. We currently employ more than 2,500 people across 14 sites in Australia and three international locations and have a range of opportunities available as we plan for future growth.
We are recruiting for the role of a Lean Practitioner (Business Improvement Practitioner) to join our Functional Excellence Business Improvement (BI) Team. This role will be integral to the effectiveness of the BI Team through their provision of continuous improvement support and the facilitation of process improvement activities and workshops for our program support teams. This will see you work closely with, and provide direct support to, various BDA Programs so as to ensure successful execution of strategic BI initiatives as well as the efficient management of, and response to, surge continuous/process improvement demands.
- Instructing others in continuous improvement tools and principles using standardised lesson materials, which will also include the maintenance and up keep of related training materials.
- Leading and facilitating process improvement efforts using established Lean principles, processes and tools.
- Support advanced continuous improvement tool application.
- Champion a positive continuous improvement culture and the drive towards proactive realisation of improvement opportunities.
To be successful you will have
- Defence clearance or Australian Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Department of Defence clearance up to SECRET level.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in implementing improvements using Lean, Six Sigma, or other recognised process improvement methodology and techniques.
- Proven ability to effectively facilitate improvement workshops and activities.
- Demonstrated experience having worked and provided BI capability in dynamic and complex operational environments.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.