- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Saint Leonards
Arrow ECS Australia Pty Limited is the industry’s leading distributors of IT products, specializing in security, networking, storage, unified communications and product renewals.
Arrow ECS Australia currently employs over one hundred and eighty staff members across its Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Canberra, Auckland and Wellington offices. The company’s “flat” management structure, open door policy, open communication and approach to its staff, their development and career progression have created a uniquely fresh and innovative working environment and culture.
The cloud pre-sales solutions engineer will work alongside and report directly to the head of engineering, as part of the wider sales team and oversee the sales support of Arrow’s products, specifically focused on public cloud technologies. This is an integral part of the cloud organization and assists the sales team with pre-sales technical knowledge and architecting, presentations, partner enablement whilst developing trusted relationships with our partner base, named enterprise accounts and vendors.
The pre-sales solutions engineer works closely with Arrow’s channel managers, prospects and partners as a subject-matter technical expert to demonstrate how a proposed solution meets and exceeds customer requirements, as well as selling and promoting the wider Arrow value proposition.
The cloud pre-sales engineering role requires an individual who is driven to achieve results in a high paced strategic environment showing a commitment to progress both career and personally with a strong focus on increasing Arrow’s cloud business sales.
The successful candidate will need to possess the skills and capability to work within a peer arrangement with resources in other geographical regions. Hence organizational skills and coordination within a team to achieve successful commercial outcomes.
Core competencies required for this role:
- You’ll have recent experience working for a technology service provider or cloud provider in a pre-sales solutioning role designing solutions for Cloud.
- You’ll be used to working as part of a team on the end to end sales cycle, extending knowledge development as a trusted advisor, from the early stages of the engagement with onboarding of new partners where you’re helping answer Requests for Information (RFI) and Requests for Proposal (RFP) through customer presentations and workshops and then producing the required client artefacts, such as high-level design documents.
- From a technology perspective, you’ll have deep expertise in either AWS or Azure, with an awareness of the other clouds in the market (Google, Alibaba, etc.)
- You should be able to demonstrate this expertise through certification to at least architect level in Azure ( AZ-300 orAZ-301 ) or AWS Certified Solutions Associate to Professional level.
- It would also be advantageous to bring some private cloud experience (either VMWare or Hyper-V) and some legacy operating system experience (either Windows or Linux) along with any associated certifications as many solutions will operate in a hybrid configuration, for example VCP, MCSE/MCSA, RHCSA, etc.
- Ideally you will have had exposure to DevOps and understand how customers are using it to deploy both infrastructure and code to the Cloud.
- The Pre-sales solutions engineer is key in helping enable our customers on their journey to leverage cloud. In this role, the Cloud Solution engineer engages closely with clients, partners and other business units to develop and execute innovative and competitive solutions for new and existing clients, leveraging a wealth of previous experience in deploying cloud. Expected Behavior
- Positive partner and vendor feedback
- Continuation of professional development
- Customers service focus
- Attention to detail
- Ethical conduct
- Ability to prioritize work tasks and manage time efficiently and effectively
- Ability to work independently of others and have the initiative and the drive for success
- Provide all positive and negative customer and vendor feedback to your direct reports in a concise and documented manner
- Customer service focus
- Attention to detail in all verbal and written communication
- Adaptability in a busy environment
- Familiarity and competency in utilizing Arrow internal Systems
- Demonstrate adherence to Arrow’s compliance processes
- Be available for interstate travel where required
- Report on activity Experience / Education
Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 6 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.
St Leonards (DC) Time Type:
Full time Job Category:
- customer service