- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Pfizer is the world's leading Biopharma company and we're focused on breakthroughs in innovation and the development of new medicines thatchange patients' lives. We put patients are at the heart of everything we do and have helped over 1 million patients in Australia alone last year with medicines and vaccines. Globally, we have over 90,000 colleagues and operate in over 125 countries worldwide.
We take great pride in our culture and values. We're collaborative and inclusive and we achieve great results working as a team together.
The Commercial Operations Lead, internally known as HCP & PE (Healthcare Professional and Patient Engagement) is a key strategic partner to the Business Units in the areas of SMS (Commercial Optimisation, Field Force deployment, Incentive Compensation, Segmentation & Targeting, Contract Sales Management, Data management and Reporting), DCE (Digital Operations) and M&E (Meeting and Events).
The team leader’s role is to ensure quality delivery of agreed SMS, DCE & M&E services to the ANZ market in alignment with the global and local strategy, policy, business and legal requirement. The Team Leader will also be responsible for continuous improvement, leading initiatives and enhancements to SMS, DCE & M&E services for the ANZ market. Working in a matrix organisation the role requires an individual with strong senior stakeholder management skills and the ability to influence and lead cross functional teams. Experience of project leadership and change management, and a demonstration of business acumen is also required to be successful in this role.
- Build relationships with the ANZ BU Leaders to ensure that SMS, DCE & M&E services meet their current and emerging business needs
- Lead a team of SMS, DCE & M&E colleagues supporting the ANZ market. Develop and motivate the team, recruit and retain talented colleagues. Manage the performance of the team ensuring they are equipped with the knowledge and skills to perform effectively.
- Maintain and demonstrate an in-depth understanding of key priorities across the team, work collaboratively with colleagues and allocate team resources appropriately
- Act as an SMS/DCE/M&E SME/Trusted Advisor to counsel and agree with partners on how best cover their needs in terms of deliverables and prioritisation.
- Ensure the delivery of agreed SMS, DCE & M&E services to the ANZ market
- Collaborate with the rest of the GCO team, ensuring end to end service and integrated approach is delivered to the business
- Lead the planning, development, execution, and sustainability of the SMS, DCE & M&E team’s services ensuring alignment to key business drivers and operating model & environment changes and challenges in assigned countries.
- Drive continuous improvement of operational services and processes in collaboration with GCO colleagues
- Identify opportunities to simplify, standardise and streamline current processes.
Key Performance Measures:
- Overall delivery of solutions/projects/platforms that meet Pfizer's business needs; on time and within budget.
- Customer satisfaction (Business leaders / customer facing colleagues/GCO Leads/Project Leads)
- Effective performance management of individual direct reports tackling performance cases early to avoid problems occurring
- Alignment with legal / Compliance requirements in region / country
- Market audit-readiness for SMS services in line with global CQO requirements.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in:
- Significant commercial experience in marketing, sales and/or commercial operations roles.
- SMS operational experience or knowledge and experience of working on CRM and SFA such as Veeva.
- Proven record of excellence in working with, and understanding data to create fact-based insights in a commercial environment.
- Understanding of legal / compliance requirements
- People management skills; experience of managing colleagues
- Evidence of problem solving and decision making to positively impact business results
- Evidence of successful cross functional and ability to collaborate
- Evidence of a Leadership style that results in a positive impact on colleagues at all levels and disciplines
- Experience of presenting and working at a BU Leadership level
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timeframes in a complex, sometimes ambiguous organisational structure
- Proven strong analytical and quantitative skills is a must. Ability to work with metrics and KPIs to evaluate and optimise performance
- Experience of change management and leadership; ability to drive transformational change; ability to challenge status quo
- Preferred Pharmaceutical experience but not essential
- Strong evidence of Understanding of performance / motivation management, Influencing & negotiation skills, Strong team player
- Project management skills, with a track record of managing complex projects in a cross-functional environment
- Experience working with agencies/vendors
- Experience working in a virtual team
- High IT Literacy (technology & digital savvy) & numeric skills
Internal Reference: #LI-PFE
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
- ms project
About the company
Pfizer, is an American multinational pharmaceutical corporation headquartered in New York City, New York, with its research headquarters in Groton, Connecticut. It is among the world's largest pharmaceutical companies by revenues.
Pfizer develops and produces medicines and vaccines for a wide range of medical disciplines, including immunology, oncology, cardiology, diabetology/endocrinology, and neurology. Pfizer's products include the blockbuster drug Lipitor (atorvastatin), used to lower LDL blood cholesterol; Lyrica (pregabalin for neuropathic pain/fibromyalgia); Diflucan (fluconazole), an oral antifungal medication; Zithromax (azithromycin), an antibiotic; Viagra (sildenafil, for erectile dysfunction); and Celebrex/Celebra (celecoxib), an anti-inflammatory drug.