- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- HAMMONDVILLE AU
About the role
If you are looking for a job that will help to crystallise your clinical experience and challenge yourself in a different setting, look no further!
Due to growth within our service, HammondCare’s National Dementia Centre is looking for a Consultant in Hammondville, NSW. The role is a fixed-term full-time opportunity, which involves providing knowledge, skill and advice on matters relating to excellent dementia care in both clinical and non-clinical matters. No two days are the same and the job will enable you to work with varied stakeholders, through different mediums and at different locations.
As a Dementia Centre Consultant, you will
- Provide dementia specific consulting and advisory services within and outside of HammondCare
- Conduct asssessment of individual clients and provide clear and concise reports that will increase quality of life for clients and effectiveness of behaviour management pertaining to Dementia
- Assist families, carers and staff to understand the causes of Dementia and provide practical steps to reduce the impact of behaviours on people living with dementia
- Case manage referrals and provide modelling to educate industry staff on various coping strategies
- Proactively engage with the development plan provided to enhance professional practice/knowledge base in the area of Dementia and Consultancy About you (selection criteria)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in dementia care
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical advice and translate information into practical steps
- Tertiary qualification in the area of Allied Health/Nursing
- Significant interest in professional development and demonstrate ability to enhance personal/professional practice
- High level of supportive and empathetic communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong planning and organising skills to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and initiative.
- Ability to document accurately and experience in report writing
- Willingness to travel
- Commitment to engage and align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action.