- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Contracts Administrator is responsible for ensuring the implementation and administration of contractual, commercial and financial processes and procedures for the organisation during the tender phase and subcontractor approval process. The role is based in Melbourne with the ACCIONA Energy Suuply Chain & Procurement team.
Involved in the following aspects of sub contracts across the business;
• Tendering: Prepare Scope of Works with Project Manager and ensure documents comply
• Manages tender evaluation and recommendation process
• Reviews and approve subcontract documentation prior to issuing
• Co-ordination of preliminary meeting after award of contracts
• Ensures subcontractor statutory requirements are being met
• Progress claims – prepare and check payment authority
• Processes subcontract variations in accordance with relevant procedures
• Assesses subcontract extension of time claims
• Finalisation of claims and procurement of Contract Value Agreement.
• Ensures that organisation understands and comply with administration procedures
• Documents distribution – provide overview of document control systems
• Develops, in consultation with the Senior Manager Supply Chain a suite of applicable proforma agreements
• Maintains a comprehensive working knowledge of head contracts and proforma subcontracts
• Ensure that all notices are administered in accordance with specified timing requirements
• Compiles, in consultation with the Senior Manager Supply Chain contract documentation including work scopes for each specific trade and supply package to be subcontracted.
• Ensures that no subcontractor commences work on-site without necessary approvals to do so including contract execution and review and approval by the project of insurances and of LSL, Superannuation, redundancy schemes etc.
• Establishes filing system and ensure procedures are complied with
• Manages correspondence flow/distribution and advise on distribution path
• Computer system – establishes system and ensures other staff utilize efficiently
• Ensure all financial obligations and processes are monitored, tracked and carried out in accordance with the organisational standards
• Monitor budgets and highlight any likely over-run to the Senior Manager Supply Chain
• Assist in the preparation of reports as required on a weekly, monthly or quarterly basis locally and globally
• Assist in compiling pricing, variations, estimates etc as required as in accordance with the organisations contract obligations
• To investigate cost reduction strategies & initiate best options.
• To support during the Financial Audit.
• Liaises with project teams and departments with respect to contractual/commercial matters and provide guidance and interpretation
• Establishes and maintains a harmonious client / customer relationship to assist project delivery and enhance client satisfaction.
• Tertiary qualifications in construction, engineering or a related degree with equivalent knowledge, skills and experience.
• Proven end to end experience in commercial construction.
• Experience in construction projects highly beneficial.
• Demonstrated management of contracts on projects.
• Demonstrated ability to analyse contractual / legal issues and provide solutions through appropriate problem-solving techniques
• Sound commercial acumen accompanied by proven negotiation and inter-relationship skills evidenced by effective dispute resolutions
• Able to quickly grasp concepts and apply innovative options to the status quo.
• Clear and definitive communication – written and verbal accompanied by competent presentation ability
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others
• Demonstrated relevant leadership skills
• Ensuring all relevant regulatory requirements are satisfied
• Competent in planning and organising work schedules
• High attention to detail
• Practical experience with using and maintaining finance systems.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Excellent ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
ACCIONA is one of the foremost Spanish business corporations, leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services. Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, it is a benchmark for the
About the company
ACCIONA es una empresa global con un modelo de negocio basado en la sostenibilidad que trata de dar respuesta a las principales necesidades de la sociedad proporcionando energía renovable, infraestructuras, agua y servicios.
Con presencia en más de 40 países, desarrolla su actividad empresarial bajo el compromiso de contribuir al desarrollo económico y social de las comunidades en las que opera.
La estrategia de sostenibilidad en ACCIONA se instrumentaliza a través del Plan Director de Sostenibilidad, una hoja de ruta que integra todas las iniciativas de la compañíaen este campo. El objetivo de ACCIONA es liderar la transición hacia una economía baja en carbono, para lo que pone al servicio de todos sus proyectos criterios de calidad y procesos de innovación destinados a optimizar el uso eficiente de los recursos y el respeto al entorno. La compañía es neutra en carbono desde 2016, compensando todas las emisiones de CO2 generadas que no pudo reducir.