- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
We are seeking a talented individual to take on the role of Technician Conveyor Maintenance based within our Eastern Pilbara Conveyor Maintenance team in Newman.
Reporting directly to the Supervisor Conveyor Inspections within the WAIO Maintenance Team, this role is responsible for completing routine inspections across the entire conveyor network to ensure it is operating within its optimum performance.
Your duties will include:
- Follow the BHP Charter, Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations
- Maintain clear safety standards with your team
- Complete risk assessments and participate in safety investigations
- Complete routine inspections and identify conveyor faults and defects
- Uploading data and raising notifications related to inspections and repairs
- Provide technical advice and support to other technicians and our contract partners
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Good communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Experience in mine maintenance, ideally conveyor belt cleaning/scraping
- Basic Microsoft computer skills and exposure to Work Management systems such as SAP or Fiori would be beneficial
- Minimum of C class manual drivers licence
You will be based in Newman on a residential basis working a 8/6 roster or on a fly-in fly-out 8/6 roster. Newman is a vibrant community with well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities. Quality FIFO village accommodation is also available. Flexible work roster arrangements are able to be considered on a case-by-case basis.
About the company
BHP Billiton is the world's largest mining company. Its origin comes from the merger (2001) of the Australian company Broken Hill Proprietary (BHP) and the British company Billiton.