- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- MACQUARIE PARK, NEW SOUTH WALES, AUSTRALIA
- State of the art pharmaceutical manufacturing plant
- Continuous improvement and lean focused environment
- Fantastic benefits such as free parking, gym access, bonus, and more
Your New Company
AstraZeneca is a leading global Bio-pharmaceutical organisation that improves people’s lives with our science-based approach and relentless focus on our patients. Our culture is great, we’re passionate, we’re positive and we are growing is size, scale and complexity!
Your New Role
Working in partnership with a dedicated cross functional team, your role will focus on planning, managing and reporting on critical utilities engineering and maintenance works for the site to maintain and continually improve the reliable supply of compressed air, pure steam and chilled water in support of production requirements, meeting safety, quality and legislative requirements.
Your responsibilities will include and not be limited to:
- Manage critical utilities SLA’s including scope of works and performance reviews as required, ensuring the engineering function provides high quality customer service to other departments and that customer expectations are exceeded
- Plan and execute energy saving initiatives on site
- Provide expertise and advice to the site management team and Engineering Manager for process services engineering, maintenance and improvement strategies, budgets, plans and execution requirements
- Write procedures, instructions and other documents, including amendments relating to production
- Participate in any investigations in a timely manner, ensuring all necessary records are generated and retained
- Supervise all engineering and maintenance work performed within department and ensure it is delivered in accordance to approved and established processes and procedures
- Engage and manage on-site contractors ensuring the phases of inductions, construction, acceptance, site delivery and installation are completed as required.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities in operational efficiency, safety, and quality using team processes and measurement techniques to ensure that business objectives are met using cost
Experience and Attributes:
- Tertiary qualification in either Mechatronic, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or qualified by experience trade background
- Experience working in a continuous, 24/7, highly automated manufacturing facility in a production focused role.
- Self starter, highly organised with a high level of personal accountability and integrity
- A meticulous approach to problem solving, relying on facts and data to drive decisions.
- Ability to multitask and appropriately prioritize while under operational pressure
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of Lean concepts, principles and tools.
- Strong customer focus.
Located in the heart of Macquarie Park, AstraZeneca offer an excellent salary and benefits package, focused around training, work/life balance and the opportunity to contribute to a value’s based, highly engaged team. Benefits include leave loading, onsite parking and free gym membership.
APPLY TODAY !!
Join AstraZeneca Australia on an exciting journey! A journey of delivering more live improving medicines to millions of patients and one of career development for you!
- customer service
About the company
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led biopharmaceutical company that spans the discovery, development, manufacturing, distribution and worldwide commercialisation of primary care and speciality care medicines.
We believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science in order to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted therapies that interact with them. This is at the heart of our purpose as a company: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.
We invest in distinctive science in three main therapy areas where we believe we can make the most meaningful difference to patients: oncology; cardiovascular and metabolic diseases; and respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity. Our science exploits our rare combination of capabilities in small molecules and biologics, immunotherapies, protein engineering technologies and devices. These are reinforced by a strong focus on translational science and personalised healthcare capabilities. We build on our own capabilities by collaborating with world-renowned scientists and academic institutions and partnering with like-minded science-led companies.
Through leading in science, we are confident that we can transform the lives of people around the world and deliver value to our shareholders.