- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
First a bit about ANZ
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to 'why' - our purpose - to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
ANZ has started to move to a new way of working, leveraging agile practices. To understand more about this new way of working and if this role is right for you, we strongly encourage you to take a look at The ANZ Way vimeo channel where you'll find The ANZ Way animation and the New Ways of Working animation.
Your team's mission?
The mission of the Enterprise Risk Tech Area is to provide cutting edge risk management services, across all divisions to deliver a better banker and customer experience leveraging data and business rule focused solutions.
For more information about the tech area - click here to hear from our Tech Area Lead.
As an Engineer, you will bring extensive Operational Risk domain knowledge or deep expertise on business intelligence. You'll be responsible for building world Business Intelligence solutions using market leading tools, improving the way we work at ANZ and as a squad member, contributing to the accomplishment of the squad's mission.
What will Your Day look like?
- Actively engage in the whole lifecycle (inception, design, development, testing, deployment, operation, monitoring and refinement) of systems and services
- Monitor, measure and maintain availability and health of our infrastructure and platform
- Manage incidents/problems, apply fixes and resolve systematic issues; triage issues with stakeholders and identify and implement solutions to restore productivity
- Advocate for changes that improve overall platform health and performance
- Always look for opportunities to automate and build and maintain CICD pipelines
What will you bring to the role as the Data Engineer?
- Expert level hands-on design, build and implementation experience on Data Engineering pipelines using Python, Java, Go etc.
- Expert level implementation experience with designing and building data solutions in Cloud (preferably with GCP) and on-prem.
- Expert hands-on development and implementation experience with Batch and event based compute with Apache Spark, HIVE, Sqoop, Beam etc.
- Expert level hands-on development and performance-tuning skill with Relational DB eg Oracle, Teradata and no-sql databases eg Mongo DB, Apache Cassandra etc.
- Experience with API based interactions and bulk integration with on-prem and cloud based platforms
- Experience with event streaming platform a definite plus specially with Apache kafka or GCP pub/sub.
- Knowledge & experience in site reliability engineering/platform engineering practices
Be part of our Engineering community, it's not just a job.
We're building innovative, flexible and simplified technology solutions that enhance the way people bank. By doing this we're also designing, influencing and shaping the engineering community within Australia.
We're hiring for now and for the future and we've got some great information about on our ANZ LinkedIn Life page .
"At ANZ we aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued and supported.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you."