- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Mandatory requirements: Current “C” class drivers licence, Current First Aid Certificate and Certificate III in Disability or equivalent.
To be successful in this role you will be required to demonstrate capability in the following areas:
• Supports strategic direction - Knowledge of, and capacity to monitor, the application of philosophies, principles, standards and legislative requirements in relation to service provision to people with an intellectual disability.
• Achieves results - Capacity to apply sound people management skills including on-the-job coaching and problem solving, prioritising tasks and implementing appropriate actions with minimal supervision.
• Supports productive working relationships - Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to:
• consult, liaise and negotiate with a range of clients, staff and others
• work effectively as a team member
• provide support to staff following a stressful incident
• Displays personal drive and integrity - A sound understanding of behaviour management practices and principles and the ability to assist staff in the event of an incident involving challenging behaviour.
• Communicates with influence - Capacity to compile and maintain administrative records, perform tasks related to staff rosters and write concise reports.
• Additional Factors - shift work will be a requirement of the position. Successful applicants must be capable of performing all physical requirements of the position including:
• Transferring people with a physical disability
• Providing physical assistance quickly when required
• Employing protective actions
Applications to remain current for 12 months.