- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- LIDCOMBE AU
About our Organisation:
Discover Nursing Australia is a service provider that aspires to recruit compassionate, supportive and dedicated support workers who assist, perform and guide individuals who are inflicted with disabilities to have a dignified life.
We endeavor to tailor our supports to the individuals' needs by promoting, encouraging and assisting them to achieve their goals by living as independently as possible within the community setting, i.e., their residence or supported accommodation.
About our Opportunity:
Discover Nursing Australia consistently has opportunities for support workers to join our team on a contractual basis which means you will be a sole trader – as a result, you have more control of your role with us. Some of the benefits include:
- You are running your own business on your own accord.
- You will receive a higher hourly rate.
- You have more choice and control of the hours/days you would like to work.
- You have the power to undertake the type of service you would like to provide to participants, i.e., domestic care, personal care, community access, etc.
Additionally, other benefits are:
- You have the flexibility to go on holiday/ have a break when you require it.
- We provide you professional indemnity, public liability and worker’s compensation insurances.
- We have an on-call / online customer service team (who are based in Sydney and also are qualified Registered Nurses) who can act as your mentor that you can contact directly at any time.
For support workers who are looking to advance their career by being able to own, control and manage a business of their own – we are happy to collaborate with you in order to achieve to assist/enable you to achieve this goal.
We regularly receive new roles with various shifts which may fall on afternoons, evenings, nights, weekends and public holidays thus, we pay additional allowances.
We also may have some roles that require the support worker to transport the participant to access the community, i.e., appointments, movies, shopping, school, etc. If this service is required, we will pay you a transport allowance for utilizing your vehicle as well as your time per hour.
Becoming a Support Worker with us:
We require the support worker to have an ABN (this only takes 5m or so to register for, it is free if it is under your personal name and can be used anywhere you choose to contract yourself in the future).
We also ask support workers to have:
- Proof of Right to Work;
- Relevant Australian Qualifications, i.e., Certificate III in Individual Support;
- Current Police Clearance (within 3yrs) and Working with Children Check (WWCC);
- First Aid (within 3 years) and CPR Certificate (within 1 year); and
- A current Driver's Licence and a reliable car.
If you have any further queries / would like to apply for the role, please e-mail your query / submit your resume/cover letter to email@example.com or click the 'Apply Now'.
About Discover Nursing Australia
Discover Nursing Australia (DNA) attracts qualified, compassionate and driven Carers, Support Coordinators, Plan Managers, Registered Nurses, Cleaners and Gardeners. We aspire to be a leader in providing nursing solutions to all individuals who have approved National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) plan across Australia. DNA is renowned for its nursing recruitment, levels of integrity and superior customer service.We can help identify if you’re receiving the full potential of your NDIS funding. We can also assist you in getting the best value for money from your NDIS services and can help determine if you are eligible for further assistance from your package.
- customer service