- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- OAKLEIGH AU
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) / Home Support Workers – Level 4
Regal Care Pty Ltd is a purpose-driven business offering personalized assistance to the elderly, people with disabilities (physical or intellectual) or anyone who needs a hand. We support our clients with domestic assistance, personal care and community access. We aim to empower our clients within a supportive environment through quality care, where trust and bonds can be also be developed with the provision of new skills and increased independence.
Currently we are recruiting support workers on a casual basis and offer 15-25 hours every week within a reasonable geographical area who have a passion for helping others and will be committed to doing so.
- A home support worker will be providing support with a variety of tasks. Every day and every client will be unique.
- Personal care assistance: Showering/grooming, assisting with dressing and transfers, bowel care, peg feeding, catherisation etc.
- Transportation duties: Transportation to appointments or events as well as attendance and support with community access and socialisation.
- Individual support: Aiding in the development of new skills and assisting clients with achieving independence.
- Domestic assistance: Meal preparation, grocery shopping, laundry assistance, changing bedding and general house cleaning where appropriate.
- Providing training opportunities and knowledge concerning relevant medical aids or equipment.
- Provision of ongoing, consistent and comprehensive support as well as practical assistance.
- Recording daily achievements and constructing progress notes.
- Reviewing and managing care/support plans and documenting with relevancy.
- Maintaining data integrity in terms of the privatisation of sensitive information.
- Nationally accredited Certificate IV or above within the health field e.g. Disability, Individual Support, etc.
- Valid National Police Check.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificate.
- Valid Australian Driver’s Licence and road-worthy vehicle.
- Manual handling certificate.
- HLTHPS006 Assist clients with medication.
- Working with Children Check (Preferred).
All qualifications or certifications must be current and nationally recognised or accredited within Australia.
- Previous experience and certification assisting clients with medication (4 years or more).
- Previous experience with working with clients that present challenging behaviours (4 years or more).
- Previous experience providing support for clients that experience multiple and complex needs (4 years or more).
- Previous experience working with equipment and aids such as hoists, transfer boards, slide sheets, commodes, shower chairs, manual and motorised wheelchairs etc. (4 years or more).
- First aid allowance.
- Travel and mobile phone allowance.
- Shift bonuses of up to $10 per shift.
- Continuous training and development.
Being available to work on at least 3 days excluding weekends, a passion to support your local community and a go-getter attitude are the secrets of highly successful team members.
Ideally, you will have a kind and professional disposition and are able to work autonomously, as well as management of your rosters and timesheets. Support given must be sensitive, client-focused and community-orientated, bearing mind of the recovery process where appropriate.
To apply, please send through your details