- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Deliver petroleum products to destinations in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures, while maintaining high safety standards. Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- Company Driver operating Rigids, Semi’s, B Doubles, Doubles and Road Trains as Swing driver/Relief driverasdetermined from time to time by your Supervisor and your driving ability / licence.
- Driving of nominated vehicles operating in any of our districts.
- Transporting dangerous goods including bulk fuels and oils, as well as other products. Tasks relating to this might include:
- Hooking up and unhooking of trailers combinations as required.
- Loading at Bulk fuel depots and terminals, and other depots and terminals as nominated.
- Strictly following all HSSEQ safety instructions and requirements, as determined from time to time by the company, and its customers.
- Daily and regular contact on job requirements with your immediate supervisor.
- Daily and regular contact with the management team.
- Unloading bulk fuel at customer’s sites, other depots and service stations.
- Assisting with the servicing of vehicles to "A" Service standards (where necessary) and as instructed by the Darwin based Fleet Manager – or his nominated Supervisor. This would include but not be limited to replacement of globes, gaskets, clamps, hoses, etc. You may only complete mechanical repairs to the level of your knowledge and experience.
- Maintaining vehicles that you are associated with, (a combined effort from yourself and the Maintenance department), by informing the Maintenance department of any defects or services due that come to your attention through the use of Mechanical Report Cards, Prestart Inspections and verbal communication.
- To ensure that our Customers (internal and external) are treated with respect and receive the highest possible level of service at all times
- Depot work (yard work), which may include truck and trailer washing. Key Relationships and Department Overview:
Quality Management System Compliance
- Comply and support the Quality Management system in all aspects of your role.
- Adopt and implement the principles of continuous improvement in all aspects of your role.
- Ensure the awareness of customer requirements (internal & external) are promoted throughout the business.
- Review, monitor and provide feedback on the effectiveness of the quality management system.
- Engage, support and continuously improve communication processes that support the quality management system and provide positive outcomes for the business, customers and key stakeholders . Workplace Health & Safety As a worker;
- Take reasonable care and personal responsibility for your own health and safety
- Take reasonable care that your acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons
- Comply, so far as you are reasonably able, with any reasonable instruction and training that is given
- Co-operate with any reasonable policy or procedure relating to health, safety or environment at the workplace that has been notified to you
- Attend and actively participate in consultative arrangements such as toolbox talks and risk assessments
- Ensure vigilance and awareness of your workplace to ensure that any hazards, incidents, accidents or near-hits are reported to your supervisor.
- Use machinery and equipment (including personal protective equipment-PPE) only in accordance with the procedures and training provided to you.
- Be familiar with evacuation and emergency procedures and the location of first aid and fire equipment.
- Ensure your activities do not cause, or are not likely to cause, environmental harm