- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Act as a SME to identify and implement exciting reliability improvements across the large port of Cape Lambert
- Fly in Fly out roster, 4 days on 3 days off from Perth or residential in Karratha/Wickham
- Internal career paths plus further learning & development opportunities
About the role
We are looking for anexperienced and motivated Engineer Reliabilityto help us improve asset reliability and integrity through the application of various reliability engineering processes including but not limited to Defect Elimination, Failure Analysis, Asset Tactic Development and Life.
This role is a great opportunity to make your mark by influencing reliability improvement across a broad asset base including Iron ore processing and screening plants, conveying systems, reclaimers, ore dumpers, stackers, ship loaders, highly automated sampling stations and marine assets including tug and lines boats.
You will be well supported to create and protect value through the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives. Reporting to the Superintendent Asset Management & Engineering, you will:
- Facilitate simple and complex failure investigations to understand root causes and essential factors
- Drive the successful implementation of autonomous and team lead Reliability improvement initiatives;
- Recommend and implement tactics designed to support high levels of asset safety, reliability and integrity
- Monitor and quantify reliability cost savings, increased productivity and/or equipment life cycle costs;
- Provide assistance to Maintenance and Project & Engineering teams with processes for effective critical spares analysis, PM Optimisation, condition monitoring etc.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline
- Strong project management skills
- Experience leading continuous improvement activities
- To demonstrate strong team member qualities’
- A strong practical understanding of risk management
- Ability to provide advisory support for maintenance quality standards
- Conducting equipment failure investigation and mitigation & providing technical direction for equipment maintenance strategy to deliver outcomes
Where you will be working
At our Cape Lambert Port Operations which is located in the North West Pilbara region of Western Australia.Rio Tinto operates the world's largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets with industry-leading margins. Our premium product suite, including our flagship Pilbara blend product, drives strong customer relationships and is supported by technical and commercial marketing expertise. The iron ore business operates port facilities that are amongst the worlds largest and most advanced, being a proud leader in implementing automated mining technologies.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find then in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Watch for more information about our Pioneering business:
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role youmustcomplete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on, follow us on or join us onLinkedIn
- ms project