- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What we're looking for
As the Fashion Design Intern, you will be responsible for providing admin support to the Design team, assisting the team to create inspirational womenswear that is exciting and unique.
You will have a natural flair for emerging trends, as well as a strong eye for colour and detail. Having your finger on the pulse, you will be responsible for bringing OB's
personality to life as you support across the womenswear team.
You will work closely with the wider Design, Buying and Merchandising teams, providing support to develop ideas that are brand and customer appropriate. Building on your existing strong commercial awareness, you will play a vital role in helping to adapt and change to our customer's needs.
What you'll be doing
- Creating CADs for the womenswear collection, presenting a clear overview of the range for monthly reviews between the Buying and Design team
- Managing colour collections, ensuring the seasonal palette is translated on to CAD across womenswear clothing, print and palettes using photoshop and Kaledo
- Sending out design and technical packs to suppliers, communicating any new developments to the Design and Buying teams
- Working with the Senior Designer and Buyer to prepare for product reviews and sign off meetings
- Filing all technical drawings, fabrics and print artwork
- Allocating and managing style numbers for all designs
- Managing and tracking costs for all purchased samples
- Assisting in diary management and organising regular meetings across departments
- Researching alongside the wider Design team to bring forward new ideas for seasonal concepts and looks
- Upkeeping on all sample management, ensuring first samples are correctly stored and prepared for sign off meetings
- Helping in the creation of seasonal sourcing packs to support suppliers in developing new yarns and fabrics
- Researching inspirational ideas and presenting your findings to the Design and Buying teams on a continuous basis Key skills needed
- BA HONS Fashion/Design degree (currently studying or a graduate)
- Experience in using Photoshop, Adobe and CAD
- Strong hand drawing skills as well as technical design knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a fast pace environment
- Effective communication and presenting skills
- Commercial handwriting with a strong eye of colour and print
- An understanding of the Oliver Bonas brand and customer Bonas Benefits
We pay a competitive salary, with up to 50% discount on OB products.
Head over to our Bonas Benefits page for more information on what we offer.