- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Apply now Job no: 492569
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Location: Melbourne (CBD)
Categories: Finance & Accounting
Meridian Lawyers is a dynamic and innovative law firm with offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle, Brisbane and Perth. Clients look to our experienced and award-winning team for advice in Insurance, Corporate & Commercial, Workplace Relations & Safety, Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Property and Health Law.
We are known for providing exceptional quality legal advice that is both strategic and practical. It is this blend of technical expertise and the personal relationships we have with our clients that sets us apart from our competitors. As a part of the Guild Group, we are supported by a Group services function which provides People and Culture, ICT and Finance support to our business. We are now seeking a Finance Manager based in Melbourne or Sydney to support the Meridian business.
About the role
Reporting to the Group Head of Finance along with a dotted reporting line to the Meridian CEO on Meridian responsibilities, you will be a member of the Finance Leadership team and the Meridian Management team. You will manage Finance services through high quality strategic financial advice along with insights and analytics to support Meridian’s ambitious growth agenda.
The role will also play a key leadership role in the development of finance functions and processes within the new Meridian enterprise PMS system implementation which will support the business’ growth over the coming years.
- Partner with the Meridian CEO, Principals and other leaders to develop and deliver Meridian’s financial goals and objectives.
- Manage the Meridian Finance team to deliver high quality support to the business.
- Understand key performance drivers and work with business leaders to develop and assist Meridian deliver its financial targets and its long term sustained growth.
- Identify and create meaningful reporting and analytics to deliver Meridian’s strategic goals.
- Develop the strategic business plan along with the annual budget and forecasts.
- Analyse information and provide insights to aid good commercial decision making.
- Prepare the annual statutory accounts.
- Manage cashflow forecasts and liquidity controls.
- Act as technical reference point for the business and Finance.
- Cost centre control and expense reporting.
- Manage the Meridian accounts payable, accounts receivable, trust accounting and credit control functions.
- Fixed Asset management.
To be successfulin this role, you will bring extensive senior finance business partner experience as well as a CA/CPA qualification. You may have developed this senior experience in a legal or professional services environmentand will be able to ensure we maintain a proactive role in keeping up to date with best practice in the legal industry.
You are well known for your effective influencing and strong relationship management experience with senior stakeholders. You are outcome focused, resilient and will deliver results under pressure.
With your superior customer focus, strong commercial acumen and ability to convert strategy into reality, this role will give you the autonomy and team support to achieve great results. You have strong attention to detail, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Experience in the design and delivery of professional services enterprise systems will also be considered an advantage.
Why Guild Group?
It’s a great place to work at a time when the Guild Group are doing exciting things!
You will have access to a range of great incentives such as flexible working, 10% superannuation, paid parental leave, an extra day of leave in addition to your annual leave entitlements, staff discounts with leading retailers, enhanced long service leave, wellbeing initiatives and training program for your career advancement.
If this sounds like aroleyou can add value to, please apply.
Advertised: 24 Dec 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 31 Jan 2020 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
e.g. "Underwriter", "Liability cover, Melbourne"