- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- North Sydney
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
Based in North Sydney, ipSCAPE is the Australian leader in cloud contact centre technology, empowering thousands of contact centre agents, supervisors and managers across Australia, Asia and Europe. Our SaaShelps our clients and partners deliver an outstanding multi-channel customer experience, and improve the way their business connects with the world.
We are looking for dynamic and innovative people, with good interpersonal skillstojoin our team . As a Software Engineer, you will have a direct impact on the customer experience – we need someone passionate about technical excellence, with an intuitive product mindset.
As part of a small, tight-knit development team, you will have the opportunity to design, develop and maintain ipSCAPE’s cloud contact centre Software as a Service. You will also be part of exciting developments, such as implementing new product features, fixing bugs and continually enhancing the product’s features and performance using an Agile (Scrum) development framework.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Refactor inefficient PHP/JS code
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow industry best practices What skills do I need to have?
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks (ideally Laravel or Symfony).
- Proficient understanding of MVC design patterns
- Knowledge of object-oriented PHP programming
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Creating database schemasthat represent and support business processes
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient in Bootstrap 3/4 Sass Brownie points…
In-depth knowledge in one or more of the following areas would be highly desirable:
- DevOps processes and tools (including Jenkins, GoCD, Puppet, etc)
- Atlassian software development tools
- Agile (Scrum)
- Open source media platforms such as Asterisk, Kamailio or FreeSwitch
- Experience with TDD
- Experience with the design and implementation of REST APIs
- Knowledge of telephony and media protocols (e.g. SIP, RTP, etc)
- MySQL administration, optimisation and tuning including such aspects as partitioning, replication, etc.
- Software architecture, with skills in designing and implementing APIs for both internal and external use And, if you have experience working in a contact centre, that would be even better!