- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Full Time role
- Flexibility with work hours.
- Prestigious University campus Compass Group is the global market leader in providing food and a range of support services to customers in the workplace, schools and colleges, hospitals, at leisure and in remote environments. We operate in over 50 countries, employ over 508,000 people, and are a recognised top 10 employer worldwide.
As the Function Supervisor you will already have the ability and experience to create amazing function experiences and the knowledge required to oversee a tight commercial operation. This is an exciting, hands-on opportunity to contribute to, and drive the culinary direction of the school, utilising the standards that Chartwells has, and ensuring the experience delivers to the high expectations of our client.
This role will suit anyone who is looking to grow into a management role and would like to challenge themselves in a unique and diverse role.
- Lead all functions catering on site, with support from the Site Manager and the school’s Event Office
- Partner with the Head Chef, Site Manager and school Event Office to ensure accurate function delivery
- Bump in, service and bump out of a variety of functions
- Contribute to the continual development of the client partnership
- Ensure all functions are delivered to an impeccable standard
- Create an inclusive, imaginative, inspiring environment where the team works together to enhance the customer experience ensuring service levels never dip below sensational
- Labour and inventory cost/control
- Ensure all events/functions adhere to strict health, safety and security procedures
- Rostering and management of the function team
- Working across a varied roster, including some evenings and weekends The Person
- Minimum 3-5 years function supervisor level experience in a comparable environment
- The ability and desire to become a contributing member of an existing enthusiastic team determined to develop effective relationships with individuals at all levels, from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Commercially savvy with the ability to identify and deliver on growth opportunities
- Positive, supportive, ambitious leader with experience in carrying out personal development plans, staff training sessions and appraisals
- The role is hands on, and will require someone who holds high energy levels and loves to be continually on the go.
- Often working alone, works well autonomously and shows initiative
- Is passionate about delivering the highest levels of customer satisfaction and engagement
- Will have great attention to detail with an excellent ability to multi-task and prioritise
- RSA essential We place great importance on being an employer of choice and offer excellent career opportunities for high performers. As a large organisation we often have opportunities for career advancement, as well as opportunities to move within the business. We offer competitive salaries, recognition programs including individual and team awards, long service and company event days; site based benefits; and company discounts.
- safety and security
- site manager