- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
One Rail Australia (ORA) is one of Australia’s leading rail-based logistics partners, delivering value through customer service, operational excellence and innovation.
One Rail’s number one priority is to deliver for their customers safely – when and where they need it.
They operate in South Australia, the Northern Territory which includes the Tarcoola-to-Darwin rail line, Queensland and New South Wales, including the Hunter Valley. One Rail provide tailored solutions across a diversified commodity mix of minerals and agriculture.
About the Role
In preparation for the future, an opportunity is presently available for a General Manager, Rollingstock to lead and manage the Rollingstock team to provide a safe, efficient One Rail Australia (One Rail) Rollingstock fleet to the level of reliability and performance required to meet and further One Rail’s business objectives.
The business has forecast significant growth over the next five years and are seeking an inspirational leader with strategic and operational Rollingstock experience to lead this pivotal function. The position is responsible for managing the planning, procurement, contracts, delivery, compliance and maintenance for all Rollingstock nationally.
- Having worked in a broad Senior Rollingstock Leadership position within a Rail Operator you will have extensive experience across the entire Rollingstock lifecycle.
- You will have strong mechanical knowledge and have managed rollingstock maintenance inhouse.
- A tertiary qualification, preferably mechanical engineering is desirable however extensive experience in the role will be taken into consideration should you not hold a tertiary qualification.
- Experience in safety management, incident investigation and reporting.
- Effective leadership skills in order to effectively lead, mentor and train a safety focused workforce.
- Focus on continuous improvement.
This role is offering an exceptional opportunity to work within a progressive organisation with a team of dedicated professionals. A competitive salary and performance based bonus is on offer to the successful candidate.
Applications direct to One Rail Australia or via recruitment consultancies will not be accepted for this position.
Applications close Sunday 7th June 2020. Due to an anticipated high response to this position, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Are you available to travel interstate / overseas for this role when required?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
Classification CEO & General Management General/Business Unit Manager Based on 51 reviews from General Managers
About the company