- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
As a member of Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you'll be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions. You’ll combine creativity and intellectual rigor with the organizational skills to manage various campaigns, projects and initiatives. In this role, you’ll advocate for Google to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction. You're passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for everyone.
In this role, you'll work closely with our Google Cloud teams and our global public policy and government relations team. You will become familiar with Google Cloud’s business and interface directly with Google Cloud colleagues responsible for our business in Australia.
You'll work with policy makers, IT executives in government and in other organizations, and key opinion formers to advance Google Cloud’s public policy and business objectives. You will also coordinate and represent Google Cloud in strategic industry associations, and address policy risks that impact the Google Cloud business.
Google takes its responsibilities seriously, including engaging with government and other stakeholders on important public policy challenges. The Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team leads the company’s engagement with executive branch officials, legislators, regulators and third-parties in the formation of public policy. Working closely with Google leaders, GAPP seeks to identify key policy issues, listen carefully to others’ views and opinions, and distill and share the company’s perspective on those issues with external stakeholders. While we focus on challenges affecting the internet, our issue areas are increasingly broad and encompass many areas where public policy, business, and technology intersect.
- 7 years of relevant experience working within government, think tanks, public interest groups, technology industry groups, or corporations.
- Direct experience working on public policy for cloud-related technologies.
- Experience leading policy teams and initiatives in an organization.
- Experience working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization and cultures as well as working independently.
- Experience working closely with and advising product or engineering teams.
- Familiarity with Internet technologies; relating to Cloud and the surrounding policy environments, or an ability to quickly get up to speed on complex technical and regulatory issues.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the business implications of public policy.
- Ability to identify and understand key technical aspects pertaining to corporate operations in legislative and regulatory proposals, and understand and communicate business and policy implications to internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated personal, political, analytical, communications and government relations skills.
- Define, implement, and lead Google Cloud’s policy and government relations objectives at the state and federal levels. Represent Google Cloud’s positions directly, in partnership with Google colleagues, industry associations, and other industry organizations.
- Work collaboratively within a global team to develop public policy strategies and positions for Google Cloud including the creation of materials supporting advocacy on those positions.
- Identify, assess, and address regulatory challenges to Google Cloud’s business objectives in key regulated industries as well as the public sector market in partnership with Google Cloud and public policy colleagues.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for Google Cloud to address government challenges and opportunities while also working with trade associations, industry partners, non-profit groups, and other allies to promote and build support for Google Cloud’s public policy positions.
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate