- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Head of Asset, Liability and Capital Management (ALCM) : 0000DWAZ
Head of Asset, Liability and Capital Management (ALCM)
Some career choices have more impact than others.
We’re looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can connect with customers and colleagues and who’ll work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you’ll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programs including discounted gym memberships.
The purpose of this role is to lead the Australian ALCM team in managing the balance sheet and enhancing profitability by achieving efficient allocation and utilisation of capital and liquidity, while ensuring prudent management of risks (funding and liquidity, structural interest rate risk, compliance, regulatory, reputation etc.).
• Manage the asset, liability and capital structure across two entities (a subsidiary and a foreign branch of HBAP) by ensuring funding, liquidity, concentration and structural interest rate risks are in line with HSBC’s strategy and risk appetite, and applicable regulatory requirements
• Strong interactive engagement with group / regional ALCM, local businesses, functions and stakeholders with a clear understanding of group strategy and risk appetite.
• Influencing funding, liquidity, capital and interest rate risks management strategy as well as strategic direction of the regional or global ALCM function and ALCM risks profile. Implement global/regional ALCM strategy.
• Advising the Business and senior management on the regulatory impacts on liquidity, funding and capital. Ensure Businesses and senior management are aware of the impacts of changes to local regulatory liquidity and capital adequacy requirements
• Provide SME input into the HSBC response to APRA consultations around liquidity, funding and capital management.
• An undergraduate or post graduate degree, preferably in Accounting and Finance. Professional Accounting Qualification will be mandatory
• Subject matter expertise in ALCM. Understands and anticipates strategic implications from regulations to business. A high level of professional competence which helps to advise business on risks exposures.
• Strong leadership capabilities. Ability to form effective relationships and achieve influence at the most senior level in the organization. Able to influence without authority
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management in the language of business.
• Experience of creating, developing and leading a team. Strong leadership and management ability, developing and motivating people.
• Demonstrated ability to assess risk trends, both internally and externally.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued and respected and where opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow in an inclusive environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited.
Learn more about careers at HSBC:HSBCNC
: Asia Pacific-Australia-New South Wales-Sydney
: Full-time Shift
: Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 03-Dec-2019, 22:21:42 Unposting Date
: 18-Dec-2019, 12:59:00
About the company
HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. We serve around
48 million customers through four Global Businesses:
• Commercial Banking
• Retail Banking and Wealth Management
• Global Banking and Markets
• Global Private Banking
Our network covers 72 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and North Africa, North America and Latin America.
With around 6,100 offices worldwide, we aim to be where the growth is, connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and ultimately helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
HSBC is listed on the London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris and Bermuda stock exchanges.
Specialties: Banking, Financial Services, International Finance and Banking, Wealth Management, Corporate and Business Banking.