- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
About the Opportunity
An experienced educator is sought to lead the team in the Inclusion Support and Special Needs area of the school.
• Special Needs experience or other relevant education experience that involves leading staff and developing systems
• Experience of working in cross cultural context
• Personal resilience
• Highly developed communication and inter personal skills
•A post-graduate Special Needs qualification
• An understanding of the ethos of Catholic Education
• Experience in working with Indigenous communities or other experience of working cross culturally
• Experience in school system review
• Experience in mentoring school leaders
The position will commence on the 14th April 2020 or earlier by negotiation.
Applications for this role are welcomed from both primary and secondary trained teachers.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Australia and will be required to hold a current NT Working with Children Clearance notice (Ochre Card).
To apply or for further information about this role please contact the Principal Dr. John Young via email (email@example.com) or phone (08 8978 2477)
Applications close Friday 14th February 2020.
OLSH Thamarrurr Catholic School is located in the Indigenous Community of Wadeye, approx. 350km south west of Darwin. OLSHTCS is a bilingual school (Murrinhpatha and English) and we employ a high number of local indigenous staff as teachers, assistant teachers and support staff. The school encourages a cultural link with the Thamarrurr community through the Thamarrurr program and our Cultural/Literacy Production Centre for language resource production. OLSHTC is the largest Indigenous Community Catholic School in the Northern Territory with an enrolment of over 640 students from preschool to Year 12. Wadeye although remote has regular flights to and from Darwin, and has several community services within the town. There are plenty of opportunities within the community to fully embrace Australian Indigenous culture.