- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of TAFE NSW Technology & Business Services team.
The Head Teacher – Business Services based at Port Macquarie and leading teams servicing Port Macquarie, Kempsey and Wauchope Campuses is responsible for a range of activities, which directly and indirectly support learning and enhance the educative process.
- Enjoy leading and developing a team of educational professionals within a Vocational Education and Training environment
- Excel at developing and implementing quality improvement processes
- Enjoy liaison with industry and educational providers within the community
- Have a passion for Education in the Technology & Business Services field
Reporting to the Head of Skills Team the role of the Head Teacher includes:
- Providing appropriate variety and flexibility in educational practice.
- Contributing to decision making that affects the learning environment.
- Liaising with local industry, other educational providers and the community to ensure that education and training are relevant and responsive to needs.
- Participating cooperatively in the development and implementation of agreed quality improvement processes by reflecting on experience, their own performance and an evaluation of processes and program outcomes.
If you have…
- Evidence of successful completion of an approved program of teacher education, or evidence of successful completion of an acceptable teaching qualification. That is, a current (AQF) Level 5 or higher qualification in Vocational Education and Training (VET) and Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116 or equivalent).
- Appropriate technical or professional qualifications, and vocational and or industrial experience, to be able to teach in one of the principal areas supervised by the head teacher position, specifically Business Services, Accounting or Training and Assessment.
- Current industry experience in one of the principal areas supervised by the Head Teacher position (Business Services, Accounting or Training and Assessment).
- Demonstrated ability to liaise effectively with industry and community to identify, plan and implement relevant courses and service. You will need to demonstrate an ability to successfully deliver training to enterprises under contract.
... We would love to hear from you!
Status: Permanent Full Time
Job Grade/Classification : Head Teacher Band 2 Port Macquarie Recruitment Reference :00007IEC Closing date :9th February 2020, 11:59pm To learn more about this position please review the and
Job Specific Enquiries please contact Megan Andrews, Recruitment Officer on 02 6674 7259
- Pleaseattach your current resume and a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) describing how your skills, experienceandachievements meet the purpose and requirementsof this role.
- Please ensure that the2 referees nominated on your candidate profile are correct and that one is your current line manager (where possible).
- Please note if applying on-line for the first time then you will be required to access your profile via the JobsNSW site. When accessing your profile please scroll mid page and select link on right hand side - Access my Profile.This link will direct you to the .
- Please note if qualifications are a requirement for the position, you only need to make a statement at this stage of the process.Proof of qualifications will only be required if you are called forward to interview/assessment. This position is targeted for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people under Government Sector Employment Rule 26. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
In the event there are no suitable Aboriginal applicants then applications from non-Aboriginal applicants will be considered.
EssentialCriteria forms a specific part of the selection process. Candidates for this role are required to address each of these items specifically in their application.
If you experience difficulties whilst submitting your application online at JobsNSW please contact the support team on 1800562 679.
NOTE: This is a child-related position. A Working With Children Check is a prerequisite for anyone in child-related work. It involves a national criminal history check and review of findings of workplace misconduct. More information can be found at .
Central & North Coasts - Newcastle & Hunter Valley-Port Macquarie & Mid-North Coast Work Type
Full-time Number of Positions
1Total Remuneration Package:$119,913 Package includes salary, employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loadingContactMegan Andrews-02 66747259 Closing Date
09-Feb-2020 Job Category
TAFE NSWResponsibilities To learn more about this position please review the and
Key Application Responses
- Do you identify as an Aboriginal or TorresStrait Islander
- Evidence of successful completion of anapproved program of teacher education, or evidence of successful completion ofan acceptable teaching qualification. That is, a current (AQF) Level 5 orhigher qualification in Vocational Education and Training (VET) and CertificateIV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116 or equivalent).
- Appropriate technical or professionalqualifications, and vocational and or industrial experience, to be able toteach in one of the principal areas supervised by the head teacher position, specificallyBusiness Services, Accounting, Training and Assessment.
- Current industry experience in one of the principalareas supervised by the Head Teacher position (Business Services, Accounting orTraining and Assessment).
- Demonstrated ability to liaise effectivelywith industry and community to identify, plan and implement relevant coursesand service. You will need to demonstrate an ability to successfully delivertraining to enterprises under contract.