- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Apply now Job no: 498637 Work type: Fixed term/Full time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Human Resources
- Join us at an exciting time of building a new strategy of innovation
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Fixed term contract to 31 October 2020
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW is currently implementing a ten year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia's global university. We aspire to this in the belief that a great university, which is a global leader in discovery, innovation, impact, education and thought leadership, can make an enormous difference to the lives of people in Australia and around the world.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced HR professional to play both a strategic and operational role within one of our Faculties. This role partners with senior leaders to enable them to achieve their people strategy in line with the broader HR and the University's 2025 vision. This includes, but is not limited to, leading and driving strategic HR activities, HR projects, workforce planning, talent management and succession planning.
The role reports to the Lead HR Business Partner (Faculties) and leads a small HR team, who with an energetic can-do leadership style provide high quality HR advice and assistance to clients on the full range of HR policies, procedures and issues.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant degree plus extensive experience in the development of contemporary human resource management and policies in a complex working environment.
- Sound generalist knowledge across the spectrum of Human Resources practice, including recruitment, performance management, succession planning, global mobility, remuneration and benefits, employee relations, organisational development and workplace diversity.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing effective HR solutions and initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively deliver high quality and solution oriented HR services to a diverse group of clients, including senior managers.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of HR professionals effectively, and to build positive relationships with colleagues and key client groups.
- High level interpersonal and communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence key decision makers.
- A strong understanding and vision of HR as a value-added service, including the ability to work in a collaborative effort to develop solutions and create opportunities
This is a dynamic position which operates in a fluid environment. Your relationship building and leadership skills coupled with your strong Human Resources background will support and complement a HR Function which is driving change and innovation throughout UNSW
Please provide a cover letter addressing your suitability to the role.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Applications close: 5th January 2020 at 11pm
Advertised: 12 Dec 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 05 Jan 2020 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
, Human Resources, UNSW Sydney NSW 2052 Australia
Telephone 2 | Email
Authorised by Director, Human Resources, UNSW
Provider Code: 00098G ABN:
- human resources