- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- State of Queensland
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
BHP Billiton’s Integrated Remote Operations Centre is a well-established state-of-the-art control operations facility encompassing our coal asset operations located across Central Queensland and New South Wales. Bringing together a dynamic, driven and diverse team in the Brisbane CBD has allowed us to create an environment of inclusion, innovation and integrity in order to lead our business into the future. Working collaboratively with our mining operations we strive to contribute and continuously improve the performance and outcomes of our business.About the role
An opportunity exists to be a part of IROC within our Mine Control operations team. As a Controller you will be responsible for working with our site operation teams and ensuring the effective execution of the daily plan whilst aligning with the Charter Values.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Controlling a Fleet Management system for operations in either central Queensland or New South Wales from the heart of Brisbane CBD. You will constantly interact with our onsite teams and with other controllers to provide stable control to our operations;
• Managing and optimising mining fleets whilst maintaining an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development. Responsible for day to day delivery of production targets for our asset operations;
• Developing effective and positive relationships with site and within your team with a focus on continuous improvement. You will have the opportunity to showcase innovative ideas whilst fostering a culture of best practice amongst your team and the business.
• Current or recent experience working in Mine Control or Fleet Management as a Dispatcher or Mine Controller is required;
• Mining knowledge and experience working in a Mining Operation, or experience controlling using a Modular or Minestar mining system would also be advantageous;
• Ability to make decisions under pressure using your skills in prioritisation and problem solving with the ability to work across a diverse work group;
• Experience completing reports and spreadsheets using Microsoft Word and Excel;
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to multi-task along with the ability to work autonomously whilst also working collaboratively with your team to achieve desired outcomes;
• You are highly motivated, technology savvy, a great communicator with the ability to utilise your negotiation skills in order to influence others and achieve desired outcomes;
• Applications from men and women of all ages, including people with a disability and Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply.
Brisbane CBD based role working in a world class, 365 days per annum, control centre on an even time roster (4/5, 5/4), consisting of rotating day and night 12.5 hour shifts.
About the company
BHP Billiton is the world's largest mining company. Its origin comes from the merger (2001) of the Australian company Broken Hill Proprietary (BHP) and the British company Billiton.