- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
BuzzFeed Oz is looking for a versatile and experienced Jr. Content Producer to join our Sydney office to develop original posts, quizzes, memes, and other written content — across both branded and editorial.
The Content Producer will have an understanding and passion for the digital, pop culture and lifestyle landscape in Australia and beyond, with intimate knowledge of what’s happening in the world of social media, content, and latest technology/platforms. You will contribute high-quality written content across a variety of topics and formats, lead and take part in team brainstorms, ensure output goals are met, and respond to learnings and feedback. You have a passion for creative work across all verticals and disciplines, a natural understanding of how to use data to inform your work, and will collaborate well with other writers, video producers, and members of our business team.
- Create excellent, original content that will delight (and help grow) BuzzFeed’s enormous audience
- Be a thoughtful, creative writer across a variety of genres, disciplines, frames and formats
- Brainstorm, pitch ideas, and write and copy-edit posts
- Source and/or create gifs, photos, and other imagery for your posts
- Use data from relevant platforms to inform future content ideas, drive results, and develop audiences
- Distribute content (video, posts, social assets) across BuzzFeed’s social platforms and help develop social strategies
- Work on tight deadlines to deliver exceptional work on time, every time
- Collaborate on branded projects and create written co-branded content
- Opportunity to collaborate on BuzzFeed videos, including videos for BuzzFeed’s media brands, such as Tasty, Bring Me, Nifty, As/Is, and more
- Help to further develop BuzzFeed’s brand and business in Australia
- 2+ years of written content experience
- Autonomy in viral/creative idea generation and execution
- Experience writing funny, engaging content across different formats and verticals
- Proficient in Photoshop, After Effects a plus
- Experience using social platforms and an interest in what drives people to share content on the web
- An understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Snapchat, and Twitter and why the most popular stuff on these platforms becomes popular, and an ability to identify social trends fast
- A great energy and attitude with the ability to take direction from and collaborate well with others
- Experience working quickly and efficiently while keeping a cool head under pressure
- A competitive drive, no matter what tools you are provided with
- A positive, curious disposition with an active interest in figuring out what makes an audience tick
- Experience with creating and editing video content a bonus, but not essential
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth by work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... and so much more!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create technology and content that helps connect people all over the world.
About the company
An American internet news media company. It describes itself as the "social news and entertainment company . . . redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology . . . provides the most shareable breaking news.