- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- LYNEHAM, ACT, AUSTRALIA
What you’ll be doing...
Our operations centre is focused around collaboration and success and you will be a part of a skilled operations team managing dynamic multi-tenanted and dedicated securegateway environments. These environments utilise a range of technologies that are underpinned by a framework that ensures security, reliability and agility for our customers. Because of these extensive environments you will have the opportunity to work with a variety of technologies across multiple vendors includingCisco, VMware, Checkpoint, F5, McAfee, Juniper, Palo Alto, Splunk, BlueCoatand more.
We would be looking for someone who has some experience in delivering new capabilities/major projects. Someone who is used to applying their technical expertise across an entire environment to ensure its supportability and stability.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Supporting the reliable service delivery of Verizon’s managed secure gateway services for Australian Federal Government customers.
- Delivering high quality outcomes at a senior level including project tasks, complex incidents and requests as well as and performing proactive and reactive maintenance activities.
- Providing input into the design and assisting in the delivery of major infrastructure projects including technology and hardware refreshes, new capability, new services and on boarding of new customers.
- Be a point of escalation and mentor for Tier 1 and 2 engineers.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure solutions are supportable and documented.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Five or more years of practical technical experience, with a strong emphasis on the operation of a gateway environment.
- Three or more years of networking experience with detailed knowledge of network protocols such as OSPF, BGP4, GRE Multipoint, DMVPN IPSEC, 802.1q.
- Experience in the administration of various Firewall platforms including Checkpoint, ASA, McAfee Firewall Enterprise, Palo Alto.
- Experience and knowledge of a range of protocols including SMTP, HTTP/S, DNS, IPSEC/SSL VPN's, IPv6 & TCP/IP.
- Ability to interact with technical and management staff to develop and problem solve technical requirements.
- Experience in designing, implementing and documenting solutions.
- Industry Certifications.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.