- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- State of Queensland
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
The Lead - Operational Readiness (OR) Coal, is located in the BHP Minerals Australia Coal business unit and forms an integral part of the Technical Function of Minerals Australia Projects (MAP).
This role will see you reporting to the Regional Commissioning Manager – Coal and based out of the Brisbane office, the key focus of the role is to plan and deliver OR services, through each phase of Coal Asset Projects, from commencement of project Development through Delivery to Handover to Operations and close out. As well as working closely with both the Development and Delivery Leads, interfacing with centralised BHP functions and BHP Operations stakeholders, the OR Lead is integral to achieving successful handover of projects to Operations when completed.
As the OR Lead you will be required to provide input to Engineering and Risk Assessments, complete OR Strategy methodologies, plan and facilitate OR Planning workshops with each site for each project within their region.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- Effectively transition projects through each stage of Operational Readiness; Strategy development, through to detailed planning and into Delivery and Handover;
- Validate OR Contractor Plans to successfully complete deliverables;
- Manage OR Contractors through OR scope of works, ensuring quality and timeliness of deliverable completion;
- Participate in project Risk Assessments with a primary focus on OR;
- Effectively engage in MOC (Management of Change) for each project;
- Conduct appropriate audits to identify where necessary, corrective or adjustment activities for the OR delivery contractor; and
- Provide regular reporting and presentation material to line and project leaders for each project.
The successful candidate will have a tertiary qualification in engineering or trade qualification with relevant experience in Project Management environment leading teams and managing objectives in the operations. Your proven leadership experience, strong safety leadership experience and knowledge of contracts and procurement coupled with business acumen will ensure success in this role. Previous experience with 1SAP will be highly regarded.
The nature of the role requires you to be a strong people leader, a forward thinker and focused on process discipline. A background in coaching and building strong networks with your key stakeholders to be able to effectively communicate and interact professionally with all levels of stakeholders will be critical to the success of this position.
About the company
BHP Billiton is the world's largest mining company. Its origin comes from the merger (2001) of the Australian company Broken Hill Proprietary (BHP) and the British company Billiton.