- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- KPMG Enterprise Advisory - Melbourne and Brisbane
- Local Government and Public Sector Advisory - Directors and Associate Directors As a specialist division of KPMG servicing medium sized organisations within KPMG, our Enterprise Advisory business is focused on helping our clients navigate their future and solve their most complex problems. With significant growth in recent years, we are now seeking Directors and Associate Directors to join our entrepreneurial high-growth management consulting team, and be part of an exciting new growth area for KPMG. These roles will have be dedicated and focussed on advisory to the Public Sector and Local Government sector.
About the role
Working with KPMG Enterprise Advisory you will not be afraid to change things and experiment with new ideas. You will have experience with tier-one (or respected boutique) management consulting organisation, and ideally with experience working in a Public Sector or Local Government context. You are passionate about making a meaningful contribution to community and will be committed to contributing to the growth of our Public Sector practice and making a positive impact for our clients. You will have strong advisory skills, with the experience across strategy, operations and technology. You will be based in Melbourne, but be available to support the national Local Government and Public Sector practice.
As a Director or Associate Director in the Enterprise Advisory team, you will take a lead role in business development and management of key accounts in the Public sector. You will also lead engagements across a range of client projects, translating business and customer needs into innovative solutions, leading and developing teams to ensure the successful delivery of client outcomes. You will identify changes and recommend solutions that will typically involve a combination of customer/citizen centricity, process analysis, technical and digital transformation, program management and operational excellence outcomes. You will play an integral role in delivering a range of exciting projects across local government and the public sector and contribute to the direction and strategy of our Public Sector and Local Government practice. Examples including:
- Defining the future strategic direction and growth agenda for local government and public sector clients Translating the voice of the customer into future state process designs and operational practices Defining target operating models to align organisational strategy to processes, people, capabilities, infrastructure, technology and measures Designing the target architecture of front, middle and back office functions Defining the technology strategy to create new streams of value in a business Determining the benefits of change and the impacts on operational processes, productivity and capacity Training and coaching teams and leaders in the application of continuous improvement methodologies and best practice operations management Providing analysis and critical thinking to solve complex and challenging problems Collaborating with sector, strategy, operations and technology experts to grow your knowledge and network Working closely with the local and national team, and broader firm capabilities, to bring innovation to our existing capabilities and ensure we are bringing the best of our local and global capabilities to the benefit our Public Sector clients. an
In order to be successful, you will bring to this role:
- Demonstrated ability in business development and account management in a consulting capacity
- A demonstrated ability to build and sustain effective client relationships with senior stakeholders
- Ability to successfully lead and manage multi-disciplinary teams on large, complex client engagements
- Analyse, workshop and present insights and recommendations enabled by strategic thinking, technical knowledge and strong and clear communication skills
- Take responsibility for delivering high quality deliverables and outcomes for our clients
- Undertake and lead business development activities including the creation of compelling and differentiated value propositions in opportunity pursuits
- Lead and coach others in engagements, and mentoring staff as they grow their capabilities, careers and client service impact
- Support a high performance culture to consistently deliver quality outcomes for clients and great growth opportunities and mentorship for junior colleagues How you're Extraordinary
We believe in diversity of thought, background and unique experience. We are looking for people in this role with a passion for and experience in the following areas:
- The Public Sector, including Local Government, and the desire to contribute to meaningful community outcomes
- Exceptional structured thinking, analytical and quantitative problem solving skills
- Proven ability to translate business and customer needs into best practice process and operation design requirements
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skill
- Understanding or exposure to business and / or technology solution design and target operating model design and delivery is desirable
- Understanding or exposure to technology transformation, that may include architecture assessment, design and implementation
- Undergraduate degree and relevant work experience in Management Consulting in the Public sector. We will also consider relevant internal experience within Local Government and the Public Sector with demonstrated skills and training in key management consulting disciplines. The KPMG Difference
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. Within Enterprise Advisory practice we work and collaborate with our clients, in solving complex problems. Together, we design, innovate and implement, providing enduring advice that support our clients and the services they deliver. We are looking for talented individuals who would like to join us on our journey.
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to 'Flexibility' allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family