- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Listing Date19 Dec 2019Location Perth , CBD, Inner & Western SuburbsWork TypeFull TimeClassification Mining, Resources & Energy , Power Generation & Distribution There’s never been a better time to be at AGL
It’s an extraordinary time for the energy sector. A time of complex challenges and unprecedented opportunities.
At AGL we have the scale, resources and ambition to take the lead and make real the possibilities the future holds. We’re renewing and expanding our portfolio of sources and products to make them more sustainable, reliable, affordable and useful for all Australians.
That’s what we call progress. To achieve it, we’re bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent - and we need yours too.
At AGL, we believe progress is powered by our people. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and help bring progress to life.
About the Role
Situated in the beautiful Latrobe Valley, AGL’s Loy Yang Mine and Power Station is only 90 minutes from Melbourne, 60 minutes to the ocean and the snow!
Working in close collaboration with the Engineering, Operations and Maintenance teams at our AGL Loy Yang site; The Outage Manager is responsible for all aspects of our major outages including the scoping, planning, scheduling and delivery of the outages and other major projects that contribute to the outages. This includes the provision of project management for the outages and take full accountability for the performance outcomes for time, cost, quality and HSE.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Manage the delivery of effective scoping, planning, scheduling and management of assigned major planned outages, ensuring collaboration with Operations, Maintenance and Engineering groups
- Lead and mentor the outage team to deliver successful outcomes
- Lead assigned Capital projects and execute via the Project Management Framework
- Comply with relevant engineering and technical standards and reporting systems for the control of projects
- Collaborate with the Engineering Group to provide project life cycle services that offer safe and cost-effective solutions
- Support the engineering team with cost and task development for future outage and capital expenditure that will be included in periscope for future capital plans About You
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant engineering discipline or Advanced Diploma (TAFE) with relevant heavy industry experience or Trade Qualification with experience in power station maintenance
- A firm understanding of project management principles and their application in accordance with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Experience in project management within large scale plant operations
- The ability to operate independently (within guidelines) to provide clear expectations to internal and external resources to ensure compliance and meet approved budgets
- Expertise in financial and risk management principles Applications are to be submitted online and will be accepted until Midnight, Thursday 16th January 2020.
What’s in it for you?
AGL Loy Yang offers:
- Monthly Flexi Day
- Generous leave provisions including 20 weeks Parental Leave
- AGL Rewards and Employee Discounts
- Energy Discount To find out more about the benefits of working at AGL, visit our career-benefits page https://www.agl.com.au/about-agl/careers/agl-career-benefits
Proudly Australian for more than 180 years, AGL operates a diverse generation portfolio supplying energy to 3.7 million customer accounts. We have a passionate belief in progress and a relentless determination to make things better for our communities, customers, employees, the Australian economy and our planet.
Our goal is to make energy simple, fair and transparent and we’re continuing to innovate to enhance the lives of Australians now and into the future. It’s an extraordinary time for the energy sector and we need extraordinary people to meet the challenges.
We’re bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent - and we need yours too. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and together we’ll bring progress to life.
At AGL, we’re committed to diversity and inclusion, so we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
Click the “Apply” button to submit your application.
- ms project