- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
**Please apply here: https://grnh.se/c1b840751**Manager, Data Center Operations
San Francisco or Sydney
Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works. Meraki’s Dashboard drastically simplifies the process of deploying, configuring and managing distributed networks, enabling customers to debug networking issues in real time from anywhere.
Today, Dashboard is run primarily on our own infrastructure in data centers across the globe. Our new Data Center Operations team will build and manage scalable and secure data centers across the globe that powers Dashboard and many other applications. Meraki SRE is looking for a manager to build and support an operations team as the company continues to grow and expand into new regions.
- Manage a Data Center Operations Team responsible for the installation, operation, and maintenance of network, server, and storage hardware in multiple data center locations.
- Own and improve the tools and process that makes your team efficient at managing the lifecycle of our hardware.
- Partner with infrastructure, platform and product teams to plan and execute against a wide variety of business and product needs.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of effective and efficient processes.
- Work closely with our amazing recruiters to grow the team.
- Develop the technical and leadership skills qualities of individual contributors. Assess employee performance frequently, address under-performance, and recognize and promote accordingly.
- Set a high standard for documentation and knowledge sharing on the team.
- Track issues and analyze data looking for trends and systemic issues, reporting on and managing key metrics.
- Approximately 10% travel required.
You are an ideal candidate if you
- Have 5+ years of experience in managing technology operations, including data center operations.
- Have 3+ years of experience in building scalable infrastructure.
- Have experience in personnel management, staffing and scheduling for a 24/7 environment.
- Have strong working knowledge of data center power and cooling infrastructure, structured cabling, and enterprise network, server, and storage hardware.
- Have experience with project management and vendor management.
Bonus points for
- Linux and hardware systems support experience, ideally in an Internet operations environment.
- Familiarity with Ruby, SQL and/or shell scripting knowledge.
- Understanding of out-of-band/lights-out server communication methods, such as IPMI and serial console.
- Experience working in a fast paced, hands-on, startup-like environment
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we don't just accept difference - it's one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other's opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
**Please apply here: https://grnh.se/c1b840751**
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.