- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- LYNEHAM, ACT, AUSTRALIA
What you’ll be doing...
At Verizon, we believe in the power of technology to solve almost anything. Every day we are working with the world’s leading companies to deliver powerful solutions to complex problems, and our Enterprise Sales Teams are leading the way.
We are currently looking for a Sales Leader with a track record of success in leading and developing teams to win complex end to end technologies solutions with globally recognized brands. Based in Canberra, Australia, you will have every opportunity to develop your considerable talents while building strategic partnerships with the world's greatest companies.
This position will be responsible for the development and implementation of a sales plan in line with Verizon Enterprise Solutions (VES) corporate objectives. The focus will be placed on acquisition and retention of customers which will maximize revenue growth, minimize cost and create a profitable and sustainable business and will Sales Manager, you will also be expected to provide strong leadership to the Australia sales team, and demonstrate exemplary leadership behaviors of a senior executive for the entire Canberra branch. You will be responsible and accountable for executing the VES strategy and ensure a focus on high value, high margin deals with large contract values and long-term relationships.
This role will also be responsible for creating a successful sales team focusing on local and global enterprises with whom Verizon has direct relationships, and also new logos. You will establish solid sales strategies for all existing and new accounts so as to identify new sources of revenue and sales opportunities. Using sales management and tools (strategic account planning, pipeline management, forecasting, revenue commitment, gap analysis, etc.) you will mentor your team to develop winning strategies to maximize revenue streams and drive broader and deeper business relationships.
In this key strategic role, you will take responsibility for positioning Verizon Business as an added value service provider to multinational corporate and enterprise customers, with a focus on an industry aligned market strategy, through solution sales and utilizing Verizon’s full portfolio of network, ITS, communications, security, and M2M/mobility solutions whilst ensuring that all targets are achieved or exceeded. The market position presents an immense opportunity for growth, by supporting the global, expansion of AUS MNC clients. The successful candidate will be the branch leader for the Canberra, AUS business, and will set the tone for the branch culture and strategy; you will also be “face of Verizon” in Australia, interacting with the media, industry leaders and government officials.
- Leading, developing, and motivating a sales team.
- Forecasting sales and developing quotas, monitoring progress against goals, anticipating resource requirements, and planning work for your team.
- Coaching team members on articulating the business value of our solutions and cultivating deep business relationships with executives in client organizations.
- Ensuring the team’s ongoing skill building through training and targeted assignments.
- Assisting in the consultative selling sales process, ensuring customer needs are understood and met, advising on the best solutions, and helping to negotiate and close the deal.
What we’re looking for...
You are an effective and inspiring leader, able to engage and motivate a team to deliver outstanding performance. You enjoy working in a dynamic environment and you have the ability to balance competing demands and priorities. You have the business acumen and executive presence to establish credibility with the c-suite, and you’re energized by the prospect of developing the next generation of sales leaders---while landing the next big account. When you negotiate, you effectively balance the customer need with your needs to result in a win for everyone.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Sold technical enterprise solutions.
- Valid driver's license.
- Active government issued security clearance.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Strong connections with local and global enterprise customers.
- Experience in consulting with CXO level executives within customer base.
- Staff management experience with the ability to drive strategy and provide direction to team members.
- Ability to ensure that the structure of the sales team is correctly positioned to meet the sales objectives.
- Knowledge and execution of Sales Management including forecasting, gap/fit analysis, KPI creation, strategic account planning, etc.
- Ability to coach and motivate members of the team.
- Led and inspired a team to high performance.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.