- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
An excellent opportunity exists for a suitably qualified and talented Heavy Duty Mechanical Technician to join our site based Mobile Equipment Maintenance team on a full-time basis. Your key role in our team will be ensuring we conduct safe and effective maintenance contributing to high mobile fleet availability and reliability. Do you have the ability to influence positive change through collaboration and teamwork? Mobile Equipment Maintenance are now looking for a number of highly skilled tradespeople to join our team.
Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Supervisor, within the Mobile Equipment Maintenance team your duties will include:
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development;
- Working with the Supervisor to ensure collaboration with the Mining Production department in order to agree on a weekly maintenance schedule of work;
- Strong mobile equipment mechanical maintenance competency, with sound diagnostic abilities working on our large fleet of Caterpillar machines;
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement;
- Ensuring adequate scoping of corrective work to facilitate the planning process;
- Completing Field Leadership activities as per KPI’s
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Capability in CAT SIS and our 1 SAP maintenance systems;
- HRWL – Forklift, Dogging/Rigging, OHT Crane, EWP;
- Current and valid HR License;
- Heavy Duty Mechanical trade qualification;
- Experience maintaining large wheel loaders, D10 and D11 dozer fleets, 16 and 24 series graders and CAT ancillary equipment utilized in a large scale open pit mining operation;
- Self-motivated, sense of urgency and have the ability to lead small teams would be beneficial
You will be based at our ‘Eastern Ridge’ mine site on a 2/1 roster, fly-in fly-out from Perth to Newman. The Eastern Ridge mine is made up of several deposits and contributes to the overall ore production of the Newman Joint Venture hub.
About the company
BHP Billiton is the world's largest mining company. Its origin comes from the merger (2001) of the Australian company Broken Hill Proprietary (BHP) and the British company Billiton.