- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Providing a laid back tropical lifestyle that is complemented by capital city comforts, no other Australian city boasts the resilience, diversity, lifestyle and economic potential that the Townsville North Queensland Region enjoys.
Known as the Second Capital of Queensland and with a population of approximately 193,601 people, Townsville offers a dynamic lifestyle coupled with strong economic prosperity. Townsville is a thriving precinct with access to a variety of world class education facilities, leading edge health care, affordable housing, unique retailing, spectacular events and entertainment, dining precincts and a wide range of outdoor recreation options. With over 300 days of sunshine each year, Townsville’s lifestyle is second to none.
This role will be based of the Townsville headspace Youth Hub. You will work within a multidisciplinary team along with other Mental Health Clinicians, including a General Practitioner who works on site at the Youth Hub.
Our mental health services cover all age groups including children, teenagers, adults and seniors. We can help with a wide range of issues from mild mental health concerns to more severe and complex issues such as anxiety and depression.
Our headspace centre provide free, confidential mental health services for people aged between 12 to 25. Clients receive support for physical health, mental health, drug and alcohol issues, employment and education support. Our headspace programs also work closely with youth in the community, visiting schools and providing opportunities for local youth to network and support each other.
For clients who don’t meet the eligibility of our funded programs, we have a huge range of private practice services which we are continually expanding.
The position is a Monday to Friday role.
- Provide recovery orientated, trauma informed as well as trauma specific care based on the core principles of Safety, Trustworthiness, Choice, Collaboration and Empowerment.
- Contribute to strategic thinking that supports and promotes the headspace model as well as NAPHL's work and goals within the Townsville's community of health service providers.
- Support productive working relationships through the development and maintenance of effective internal and external relationships, partnerships and networks. Essential:
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Possess a Medicare Provider Number or able to acquire as soon as possible and maintain eligibility to provide headspace services.
- Evidence of training in relevant trauma informed mental health therapies and demonstrated competency in the delivery of these therapies when treating young people with mental health issues and disorders.
- Ability to work well within a team environment, and to develop and maintain professional relationships with other service providers and within the team.