- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
As an organisation, the AFL works tirelessly in all states and at all levels to enhance and grow the game–from grassroots to elite. Together, we put on the game, deliver important events, communicate with our fans, run community programs, develop coaches and umpires, and collaborate with partners, delight members, support clubs and so much more. While our roles may vary we are all united by a common goal, toprogress the game so that everyone can share in its heritage and possibilities.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Bendigo Pioneers NAB League Female Talent Coordinator, under the guidance and direction of the NAB League Region Talent Manager, will be responsible for the day-to-day administration and operations of the Bendigo Pioneers NAB League Girls Program, and any associated underage academy programs.
This a 12 month Part Time Max Term Position
Please note, employment in this position is subject to the successful candidate holding a Valid Working with Children Check and a satisfactory criminal history record check.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF
- In conjunction with the NAB League Region Talent Manager, manage regional staff so that the recruitment, retention and performance of staff all contribute positively to the conduct of the NAB League Girls Program, and any associated underage academy programs.
- Book facilities for the NAB League Girls Program, and any associated underage academy programs
- Provide administrative support to the NAB League Girls Program, and any associated underage academy programs
- Prepare various documents e.g. player notices, letters, agendas, general club correspondence, Sponsor flyers etc. as directed by the NAB League Region Talent Manager
- Maintain and update Player Database (Access) for all NAB League Girls Program, and any associated underage academy programs past and current Squads – prepare Squad lists for NAB League Region staff
- Assist the NAB League Region Talent Manager to undertake to identify talented footballers from U14 through to U19 Level who reside within the NAB League Talent region
- Work with the NAB League Region Talent Manager in providing a safe workplace for players and provide welfare support to players and their families in a proactive manner
- Work with Regional Talent Manager to undertake marketing and promotion of regional program to generate interest, attract potential talent and public awareness i.e. ‘AFL Talent Search’ days
- Create a link with regional NGA programs to promote the female game OUR IDEAL TEAM MEMBER
- Strong relationship building skills with young players, parents and various stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Experience and skills in developing & conducting presentations, training courses, etc.
- Computer literacy to a high level, include Word Processing, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft applications, Website Editing and data entry skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, with excellent time management skills and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Mandatory
- Degree or equivalent experience in sports management
- Valid Working with Children Check
- Strong knowledge on NAB League development programs
- Experience in talent identification and development
- A genuine interest in football, with a desire to lead growth and further development of the NAB League Region.
- Solid understanding of the environment of Community Football
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills Desirable
- Knowledge of the Region Youth Girls local club programs
- Level 1 Coaching or S&C accreditation
- Experience in financial management and budgeting OUR CULTURE
- We believe in a Healthy Mind, Healthy Body and Healthy Workplace and our staff have access to an extensive Health and Wellbeing program
- My Development – all employees have access to the AFL’s My development program which consists of on the job training, coaching and mentoring and formal learning.
- AFL Staff Footy Memberships – easy access to the game, staff can share these with family and friends
- My Benefits – staff have access to over 350 discounts with some of the biggest retailers and the AFL’s Corporate Partners
- Play Your Way – A flexible approach to your working life