- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Listing Date12 Dec 2019Location Perth , CBD, Inner & Western SuburbsWork TypeFull TimeClassification Mining, Resources & Energy , Power Generation & Distribution There’s never been a better time to be at AGL
It’s an extraordinary time for the energy sector. A time of complex challenges and unprecedented opportunities.
At AGL we have the scale, resources and ambition to take the lead and make real the possibilities the future holds. We’re renewing and expanding our portfolio of sources and products to make them more sustainable, reliable, affordable and useful for all Australians.
That’s what we call progress. To achieve it, we’re bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent - and we need yours too.
At AGL, we believe progress is powered by our people. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and help bring progress to life.
About the Role
Situated in the beautiful Latrobe Valley, AGL’s Loy Yang Mine and Power Station is only 90 minutes from Melbourne, 60 minutes to the ocean and the snow!
The Operations Shift Manager is responsible for management of the power station site after normal work hours and is required to ensure that all health and safety regulations and other relevant policies and procedures are complied with throughout the station.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Participate as a proactive and authentic member of the Operations Group Leadership Team
- Provide a 24 hour link between the Engineering, Maintenance & Planning, Outages & Projects, Scientific Services Groups and the Manager Station Operations
- Contribute to and actively promote the development of the Stations Quality management system to promote efficiency, safety and the elimination of waste of all types
- Manage and communicate the daily production targets in conjunction with AGL’s Trading Desk and to provide daily production statistical data for performance reporting
- Monitor and analyse generation and environmental data for the purpose of optimising asset performance
- Provide a strong commercial and risk focus towards power station operations and processes with particular emphasis on health and safety, the environment, labour supply, resourcing, quality and time/costs
- Lead a dedicated team of shift work personnel while also acting as the Site Operating Authority for safe access to plant About You
To be successful, you’ll have:
- An Associate Diploma (Power Plant) or Certificate of Technology (Power) or equivalent
- A National Certificate of Competency in Intermediate or Advance Boiler Operation
- A Turbine Operation Worksafe High Risk Work Licence or the equivalent ‘DOL’ First Class Engine Driver Certificate (Open or Unit Plant)
- A detailed knowledge of the operation of large capacity steam power plant, electrical and ancillary equipment, including a working knowledge of its associated maintenance
- Experience in leading teams and inspiring high levels of employee engagement Applications are to be submitted online and will be accepted until Midnight, Monday 13th January.
Proudly Australian for more than 180 years, AGL operates a diverse generation portfolio supplying energy to 3.7 million customer accounts. We have a passionate belief in progress and a relentless determination to make things better for our communities, customers, employees, the Australian economy and our planet.
Our goal is to make energy simple, fair and transparent and we’re continuing to innovate to enhance the lives of Australians now and into the future. It’s an extraordinary time for the energy sector and we need extraordinary people to meet the challenges.
We’re bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, and talent - and we need yours too. Let us empower you to make a positive difference and together we’ll bring progress to life.
At AGL, we’re committed to diversity and inclusion, so we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
Click the “Apply” button to submit your application.