- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Part-time opportunity (0.6 FTE)
- Working with a high performance Finance team
- Be part of an industry leading property advisory organisation Who We Are
Urbis are a multidisciplinary professional services firm, who pride themselves on our collaborative approach to both internal and external projects. You will be working with the industry’s brightest minds to shape the cities and communities of the future. Urbis consists of practice experts who deliver independent advice and guidance across the Property & Built Environment sector – all backed up by real, evidence-based solutions.
We have an outstanding Melbourne CBD based role to join our national Group Finance team who have embarked on an ambitious finance transformation program including cash management, procure to pay; record to report; and an increased focus on providing strategic advice to internal stakeholders.
We are looking for a self-starter and outstanding communicator with an excellent eye to detail, who is keen to further develop their career in a friendly and supportive, fast paced and diverse environment as our Payroll Coordinator. This role will be responsible for coordinating the flow of information to our outsourced provider (Sage – Meridian) and acting as a liaison point with our employees and Finance and Human Resources teams.
To be successful in your application the Payroll Coordinator’s responsibilities include:
- Providing high quality payroll advice and expertise
- Accurate and timely review and management of monthly and fortnightly payrolls, including PAYG, Payroll Tax, Workcover and Superannuation payments
- Resolving enquiries from stakeholders, including employees and external parties in a timely and helpful manner
- Organising and managing electronic documentation
- Managing various reconciliations and end of period consolidations
- Continually reviewing internal payroll processes and implementing improvements in conjunction with our Outsource provider
- End of month and annual statutory requirements
- Assisting in the preparation of Management Reporting
- Maintaining your knowledge and awareness of relevant legislation (across Australia & Singapore) The successful applicant will display extensive prior experience in a similar position in a commercially oriented organisation and exhibit a combination of the following technical skills, attributes and experience:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role for a medium sized company or larger (Professional Services firm preferred)
- Proven experience with Sage MicrOpay payroll system and ESS
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills, with a proactive mindset
- Advanced numeracy skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products, especially Microsoft Excel
- Holds oneself accountable, successfully managing priorities and expectations Why Urbis?
Working for Urbis means working with individuals who are passionate about what they do. It’s a place where you are encouraged to share your ideas in a professional but friendly office environment. To find out more about us visit our website at www.urbis.com.au/careers.
Urbis is a firm that truly values its people and provides a broad range of benefits which include a competitive remuneration package, salary continuance insurance, regular social activities, health and wellbeing programs and ongoing training and professional development opportunities.
Urbis is committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive, supports flexibility, and welcomes diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- human resources
- microsoft excel