- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.Come and be a part of this success.
Join Olympic Dam a safe, reliable, globally competitive business delivered by our people. At Olympic Dam we care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love. We believe Leadership drive culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play. Our Operations
One of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities. Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 7/7 roster pattern arrangement.
About the role
We are now inviting applications for the role of Specialist Permit to Work – Mine Fixed Plant. In this position you will provide key support in coordinating isolations and permits to work for Mine Fixed Plant Maintenance personnel. You will also plan the required permits and clearances for major outages and down-days, while also providing coverage to the Fixed Plant Operations Technicians when needed. Another key aspect of the role is ensuring compliance to Permit to Work auditing, document updating and delivering relevant training to department personnel.
In this role you will:
- Promote and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day
- Ensure all safe work systems, procedures and standards are adhered to through frequent inspection of the workplace
- Coordinate the ramp up of plant to ensure plant is handed back from work groups as soon as practical
- Coordinate the ramp down of plant so work groups can start work when planned
- Ensure all safe work systems, procedures and standards are reviewed and updated periodically
- Coordinate the hand over and the handing back of the permits to work for the area and planned outages
- Prepare isolation and permit documentation (including tags and job scopes) for planned work
- Determine permit requirements for the following day (or further in advance for major outages)
- Ensure all documentation associated with the Permit to work and management of Isolations systems are archived in accordance with site standards
- Provide continual feedback to the Shift Maintenance Supervisors on job progress
- Proven commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm's way
- Self-motivated, driven and focused on achieving high performance targets whilst always prioritizing safety first
- Level 2 Authorised Isolator
- Job and Area Owner qualified
- Ability to communicate across multiple levels and disciplines
- Previous experience in functional area is essential
About the company
BHP Billiton is the world's largest mining company. Its origin comes from the merger (2001) of the Australian company Broken Hill Proprietary (BHP) and the British company Billiton.