- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary A$60,001.00 - A$80,000.00 gross per year
Centenary Institute invites applications from motivated individuals to join our Molecular Cardiology Program
as a postdoctoral researcher in clinical bioinformatics / computational genomics.
CENTENARY INSTITUTE OF CANCER MEDICINE AND CELL BIOLOGYis a centre of excellence in medical research affiliated with the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and the University of Sydney located at Camperdown.
We are seeking a bioinformatician to join our highly productive team to investigate the genetic causesof inherited heart disease. This position will assist research studies within the Molecular Cardiology Program and the Australian Genomics Cardiovascular Genetic Disorders Flagship. The role will involve analysis of exome, genome and RNA-Seq data to facilitate translation of genomics to the clinical care of families with inherited heart disease. The successful applicant will work closely with wet-lab scientists, clinicians, genetic counsellors and bioinformaticians. Proficiency in one or more computer programming and scripting languages is essential. You will have demonstrated ability in the use of Unix-based systems and high-performance computing clusters, and experience in genomic data analysis and management.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia
The successful candidate will:
- have a PhD in computational genomics or bioinformatics
- have experience in analysis of genomics data, computational biology and human genetics research
- be highly motivated and capable of independent work
- have a strong team focus
- possess excellent communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of people and within established collaborative teams
- have knowledge of a research environment and requirements
- be able to develop, maintain and update computer scripts and software
- have experience in the supervision of research students and/or junior staff
- have a demonstrated publication record
- have the ability to write journal articles, grant applications and keep thorough notes
- ability to characterise and interpret the clinical relevance of genetic variants
CENTENARYoffers attractive superannuation and salary packaging to staff. Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
To apply for the role:please email your application email@example.com
- A cover letter addressing the essential skills,
- A detailed curriculum vitae (CV) including academic transcript, and
- The full contact details of at least three recent professional referees.
For more information about the role: please contact Dr Richard Bagnall –firstname.lastname@example.org
Centenary Institute of Cancer Medicine And Cell Biologyis a centre of excellence in medical research affiliated with the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and the University of Sydney located at Camperdown.
For more information about Centenaryplease visit our website www.centenary.org.au
The Centenary Institute supports Equal Employment Opportunity.We value diversity and encourage applications fromwomen,Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disability, LGBTIQindividuals and applicants of diverse cultures and ages.