- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- State of Queensland
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
BHP’s new Maintenance Centre of Excellence (MCoE) is the coming together of a dedicated, innovative team focused on identifying, achieving and maintaining the highest standards in maintenance for BHP globally.
Your diversity of thought and experience will be embraced and you will be empowered to make a real difference in our business.
You will utilise innovative approaches, tools and technology to add real value to our teams – setting new standards to guide improvement activity, transforming services and supporting our people.
As Principal Asset Performance Management, you will provide advanced insights into maintenance performance across BHP globally. Reporting to the Manager Asset Performance Management and based in our Brisbane office the role will require intermittent site travel to meet with senior leaders and conduct in-field assessments.
- Lead and maintain Maintenance Performance Management Processes assess and detect gaps and opportunities in maintenance systems, standards and practices
- Work with business stakeholders and subject matter experts to identify short and long term maintenance opportunities using quantitative and in-field verification processes and techniques
- Utilize advanced data analysis and visualization techniques to transpose large volumes of information into contextual insights for senior leaders;
- Use continuous improvement methodologies to verify improvement countermeasures and delivered solutions are monitored and managed through to resolution
- Assimilate and analyse complex information from disparate data sources and provide sound and insightful commentary for senior leaders through benchmarking and standardization projects
The success of the role and team will be underpinned through supporting diversity of thought. Thus, we encourage individuals from all industries to apply.
- You will ideally have experience leading small teams of subject matter experts in delivering detailed reporting, analysis and insights to senior leadership;
- A background in either manufacturing, mining, rail, water, energy or other heavy industry with experience in developing, deploying and auditing Asset Management or Maintenance Standards across multiple commodities and Operations;
- You will possess excellent communication skills including verbal and written and effective stakeholder engagement capabilities, experience delivering large technical change projects will be considered beneficial;
- An ability to compare large data sets and identify discrepancies and trends, including analysis of query outputs, development of sound conclusions and results together with experience in presenting report findings will be required;
- You will preferably have practical exposure and understanding of Maintenance Processes and Management systems including planning, reliability, asset management and CMMS;
- You will also possess strong leadership abilities with exceptional communication skills and be passionate about delivering extraordinary results; and;
- It is essential that you are a team player who promotes and supports workplace diversity.
- trades and professions
About the company
BHP Billiton is the world's largest mining company. Its origin comes from the merger (2001) of the Australian company Broken Hill Proprietary (BHP) and the British company Billiton.